Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
last thursdays layout:

Ratatouille blu ray (1st edition) pre-reel and kids layout:

1st movie Ratatouille:

2nd movie How To Train Your Dragon:

3rd movie Kung Fu Panda:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't ban me bro!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 136 Old 01-04-2012, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
then kids left and i was left outside with a mega screen and a ps3... oh what should i what should i what should i do?

mw2 demo

the show demo

wipeout fury

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #63 of 136 Old 01-05-2012, 12:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Very nice setup! Where you from in Cali?

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #64 of 136 Old 01-05-2012, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

thanks! its a little rough along the edges but in the end we get a huge screen and usually make it a family and friends gathering. im in carson, roughly half and hour from you (when traffic cooperates).

i hope to fine-tune (and upgrade the speakers :P) by mid-May at the latest. i haven't mentioned that i've taken apart the screen frame, made a few adjustment cuts, and spray painted it a flat Rustoleum black color. this saturday i hope to reassemble the frame and lay it down on the grass and mark the final positions for my proposed in-ground cement "receiver" pipes. to hold the frame upright.

afterwards i'll have to build some crazy platform either on the side of this big tree or on top of a patio cover (well, its frame) for the projector. pics as they happen

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #65 of 136 Old 01-05-2012, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Face View Post

thanks! its a little rough along the edges but in the end we get a huge screen and usually make it a family and friends gathering. im in carson, roughly half and hour from you (when traffic cooperates).

i hope to fine-tune (and upgrade the speakers :P) by mid-May at the latest. i haven't mentioned that i've taken apart the screen frame, made a few adjustment cuts, and spray painted it a flat Rustoleum black color. this saturday i hope to reassemble the frame and lay it down on the grass and mark the final positions for my proposed in-ground cement "receiver" pipes. to hold the frame upright.

afterwards i'll have to build some crazy platform either on the side of this big tree or on top of a patio cover (well, its frame) for the projector. pics as they happen

Ah carson I have a relative from that area. Your theater inspires me to try a outdoor theater now for the summer time.

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #66 of 136 Old 01-06-2012, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Feb. 5 2012. will you show the Bowl, and then show a show?

Super Bowl starts at 6:30pm eastern (3:30pm my time)

according to TimeandDate.com, i will see sunset by 5:27pm. with super bowls usually taking about 3 1/2 to 4 hours, my guests can catch possibly the 3rd and 4th quarters. now, i want to include a post Bowl movie list as well.

i think The Replacements will do nicely.

now what to play along with it?

btw the following weekend i'll play a Puppy Bowl marathon :P

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #67 of 136 Old 01-11-2012, 08:14 AM

Liked: 10
Must be cool to play FIFA on that screen =P
post #68 of 136 Old 02-17-2012, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Here's a video of my bros playing 2player and gettin shot in the face!

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #69 of 136 Old 02-20-2012, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Hanging up the screen Friday evening:

Close up of the hook holding up the frame and the bungees holding up the screen:

Fridays movie selections were: Star Wars Episode 1 (Blu-Ray), Avatar (Blu-Ray), and Up (Blu-Ray). Needless to say Friday nights' movie watching was over at 2 in the morning. I'd like to thank my neighbors for not callin the cops!

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #70 of 136 Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Star Wars Episode 1:

Up:

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #71 of 136 Old 02-20-2012, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Saturday nights' selections: Symphony and Metallica (DVD), Dirty Harry (Netflix), Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl (Blu-Ray)

Symphony and Metallica:

Dirty Harry:

POTC:

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #72 of 136 Old 02-24-2012, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Minor upgrade time!

Finally jumping into the 802.11N bandwagon! lol
New 802.11N wireless router. I think I'm more excited because it also does Gigabit networking. My current wired network is 10/100. With me planning on doing some serious media streaming through out the house (and towards the outdoor theater) this is a major upgrade actually!

One gigabit switch or the living room HTPC area. All media will be served from here until I build a dedicated server in the futurez.

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #73 of 136 Old 02-27-2012, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

saturday 2/25

impromptu showing.

first showing: the simpsons movie (Blu)

second showing: RED (Blu)

third showing: Ghostbusters (DVD)

Attempted an outdoor viewing of the Oscars but ran into a weird networking issue. I have installed the new N router into an open port on the existing router/modem. I've fixed the issues this has created with Xbox Live and Playstation Network using port forwarding however I need to figure out the IP address of the HD Homerun unit to integrate it onto the N router

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #74 of 136 Old 03-03-2012, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

last night was an impromptu triple movie session. it was also a solem occasion as it was a full on HD DVD night.

first movie was 300:

second movie was Top Gun 25th Anniversary Edition:

final movie was Transformers 1:

movie session ended at 12:30am! a couple of restroom breaks in between. volume was turned down at 10pm.

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #75 of 136 Old 03-03-2012, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

fyi: i dont pause my movies to take a picture. hence the motion blur. also using an iphone 4 for pictures and vid. hence the lower quality. mostly its because i can snap a pic and turn around and post it to facebook. the longer way around of charging the real camera, taking a pic or video, waiting till the next day to upload the pic/vid, and then posting just takes a bit longer.

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #76 of 136 Old 03-04-2012, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

last night had some more unexpected visitors. think they smelled the BBQ!

first movie: Money Talks (DVD)

second movie: Shanghai Noon (Blu)

wife is the cougher, high pitched noise is from the patio heater :/

third movie: Beauty and The Beast (blu)

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #77 of 136 Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

bbq and double feature sunday! otherwise known as "I'm going to regret doing this on Monday morning"!

first movie: Jurassic Park (dvd)

second movie: The Karate Kid (Blu, the new one)

the cowbell at the end is due to some unintentional salty wording i blurted out at the end.

and yes i regret putting on the show last night.... "WADDA YA MEAN ITS NOT FRIDAY!!?!?!?!"

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #78 of 136 Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I've drawn up the following "schematics" for my plan to install a 1" PVC pipe with 1 30' cat5e network cable and 3 separate speaker wires. The new network cable would connect from a gigabit switch inside the house, go outside the house, enter a waterproof enclosure, that leads to the underground pipe, and comes out about 25' away from the house into another waterproof enclosure. The distance is the approximate location of where my new HTPC could act as a source for my projector. The speaker wires will be for the front left an right speakers and a future center channel. I'm eventually going to upgrade the front speakers, then the receiver (to a 5.1), then add a center and rears. Most likely I'll be done with these upgrades this year but I'll add them little by little. Anyone got a cheap 5.1 receiver with great Watts out?

Here's a picture of shrek playing on the new HTPC via XBMC with the source file located in the living room HTPC:

There's no stutter for 480p or 720p files. theres a bit of stutter present on one blu-ray file i've encoded myself. its probably the only one i've done at 1080p (they take a big chunk of hdd space!) so i'll try to reencode that source blu-ray down to 720p m4p. its Dumbo btw.

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #79 of 136 Old 03-10-2012, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Update: I had bought a projector ceiling mount with the intention of mounting the projector upside down on a piece of MDF, and then that mounted ontop of a portable basketball court! I did get the mount recently. However today as I was setting up the mount, I found the screws provided don't fit! It's ok though I proceeded with putting the projector on top of a piece of MDF I had lying around. Pics follow:

Setup from the front:

Rear shot:

Side shot:

Le projector:

The sources: receiver on left, ps3 in center, HTPC (bedroom) as the source player for the first movie.

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #80 of 136 Old 03-10-2012, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

PC display onscreen:

BELLA!!! It's a nieces bday party OKAAAAY!

Played Eclipse but sadly for y'all there were no pictures taken

Ending the night with the Parent Trap:

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #81 of 136 Old 03-12-2012, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

someone last night spray painted (the kind that washes off) my dog! it looks like a happy face in gold glitter:

Last night was our godsons birthday party. he wanted to watch rio. it was 6 kids under 10, about 4 teens, and 6 adults. the food sufficed.

heres Rio(Blu-ray):

it was strange playing only one movie

higher quality video:

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #82 of 136 Old 03-25-2012, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Last nites party was a blast!* I delt with my knee pains long enough to setup the screen, projector, and audio and left the food and other setup to the wife and a few brothers.

Here's a panorama with a Spongebob cartoon playing before the first movie:

Here's some of the kids before the sugar rush of the churros kicked in:

Here's the first movie Finding Nemo:

Video clip of Nemo:

And the second movie that won the poll ended up being Jack and Jill

I've come to the conclusion that the audio output is sub-par. Will now heavily investigate my sound upgrade options.

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #83 of 136 Old 03-26-2012, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
niiiiice

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #84 of 136 Old 04-09-2012, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

saturday night (4/7/12) was intended to be an Easter movie night. It ended up being one of my younger brothers 18th birthday party.

Here's the layout from the yards' entrance:

Here's the layout from in front of the screen:

Captains chair!

Close-up of the inflatable furniture the wife bought:

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #85 of 136 Old 04-09-2012, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Btw the inflatable furniture is made by Intec. Not sure where the wife got them but they do pretty good.

Here's a shot of some movie theater intro:

Played a few other movie intros but this Tom and Jerry cartoon was a hit:

The birthday boy wanted to see Tron Legacy:

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #86 of 136 Old 04-09-2012, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Instead of a second movie, the birthday boy wanted to play FIFA 12 on the PS3:

Action view of the equipment:

Bought a plethora of zip ties on saturday. I'll start strapping everything down tomorrow. As you can see I still require putting a DVD case and a cd case under the new projector stand! Turns out the ground under the cart is somewhat tilted away from the screen. Had to run 2 new lengths of speaker wire. These are only temporary as I now plan setting up a banana post terminals with wires underground

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #87 of 136 Old 04-13-2012, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

April 14th 2012 marks the 100th anniversary of the Titanics' iceberg hit and eventual sinking (on the 15th). over at BYT, we have a thread on the matter and several of us are planning on hosting outdoor screening of either Titanic (Leo and Kate version) or the older "A Night To Remember" (from the 30's if i recall correctly)

such a tragedy is ill deserving of an actual celebration. 1,517 souls were lost on one night. knowing that this tragedy changed the entire maritime safety ethos is one consolation means their loss was not in vain.

furthermore, we'll gather a few family and friends over and we shall "pour one for our Titanic homies" as we do in our part of the world.

i created this invitation/boarding pass to use as a facebook invite. i've blanked out my outdoor theaters' name and my details for y'all to use if you like.

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #88 of 136 Old 04-13-2012, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

a few tips:

1. your theater's/partys location should be right underneath the Permission to Come Aboard line

2. underneath that line, i put 2 text boxes/columns with the address and small message stating the food that will be available.

3. font was one called Bondi. i'll see if i can find a free location for it

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #89 of 136 Old 04-19-2012, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

a lot of updates... we had some bad wind gusts in LA last weekend. the titanic party was basically cancelled by 3pm. the wife mentioned "too bad the screen is outside".... a grin the width of the jokers slowly spread across my face "yeah too bad..."

brought in my Cine-Tronn screen from the rear house and quickly set it up upon 2 patio chairs:

projector was placed on the counter between the kitchen and the living room

awwwwe yeaaaaah

big ol' boat!

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #90 of 136 Old 04-19-2012, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

served a primo 2012 "Chatue Avec Le Pomme" (or something like that)

the bubbly:

spoiler alert:

"Don't ban me bro!"

Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page