little help/guidance with outdoor patio setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-29-2012, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a approx 22x20 covered patio(aluminum roof unfortunately) that i want to setup with TV and 2 channel system.I plan to either wall mount the tv or hang from the eave .I want to be able to also stream music to the system.I believe i would want atleast a 40" hdtv.I already have a pair of Boston voyagers outside that i will use. I have directv and will probably use an hd stb that i presently have that is going to be replaced anyways. My question is would it be advisable to get a "smart" tv and possibly a marantz slimline reciever as the components,already have a dvd player laying around.I want to be able to not only watch HD programs outside but also stream music. Trying to make it as simple as possible.what else would i need to accomplish what i want to do.suggestions appreciated.

If this is the wrong section to post this i appologize and request someone advise where to post.thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-30-2012, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
If you are going to get a new receiver, why not find a Home Theater in a Box (HTiB) and go full-out 5.1? Sound outside is amazingly good and even small speakers can sound great.

I bought the cheapest RCA HTiB I could at WallyWorld and I use the $29 DVD players and a business class projector on my deck. I built a screen using blackout cloth. I put everything into a modified small plastic garden tool storage unit and leave it outside all season (except the projector and screen). Takes 5 minutes to set up and take down. You can use the heavy gauge low voltage lighting cable for speaker wire.

If you have a home wireless network you can get a Roku box and watch just about anything you want. Between the STB , Roku and BR player, you're all set!

Good luck!

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1014847

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
post #3 of 3 Old 07-11-2012, 02:58 PM

Liked: 10
I recommend the Roku too, great little devices for internet media.
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page