Outdoor rock speakers from Monoprice - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 3 Old 05-04-2012, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey all,

I don't know if this is the right section but I hope you all can help me anyhow. I'm going to be setting up a pair of ourdoor speakers for my backyard and wanted to get some imput from you guys. While my ideal outdoor speakers are the Paradigm Stylus 470's, their Canadian retail price is currently $750 and I don't want to spend that right now. So my next option is a lower priced rock speaker to get me by for a while. I found these on Monoprice http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2 and wanted to get some feedback on them. I hear good things about their inwalls but haven't heard anything on these. Has anyone ever tried them?

I mean for $83 it's cheap to begin with but that doesn't mean I should throw my money either. Your help is always appreciated.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old Today, 06:15 AM
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
For starters the Niles RS6 Outdoor Rock Speakers is a damn good choice, and it isin't expensive either. Alternatively the Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speaker is also quite good.

Here's a list of some rock speakers you might want to consider...mostly below the $200 range.

"Its not what we are underneath, but what we do that defines us"

post #3 of 3 Old Today, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 72
They have a single 1/2" tweeter. Maybe a little small based on the area you want to cover. I think the only way to know for sure is to order some and try them.

Take a look over at Parts Express and search their outdoor speakers.

They have some TIC's with duel tweeters for not too much more than the Monoprice... High frequency is very directional and two tweeters will help with this with an outdoor speaker.
Sponsored Links
Reply Outdoor Theaters