Confused newbie - just want patio sound - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-02-2013, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have to run wires up the inside of a column for my patio roof structure before I finish all the trim work. I am trying to figure out what equipment/cables I will need and I am confused which will be the simplest way to go. The goal is to have an outdoor TV with a pair of speakers for that TV and another pair of speakers for music. Surround sound is not needed. If would be nice to have the capability to drive the TV speakers while watching TV and having an Ipod or something else (music) playing another source through the other pair of speakers as my structure is 40ft long. Having two sources playing at once isn't mandatory but would be nice - it depends on the complexity and cost.

My intent is to have a low price AV receiver and comcast cable box mounted in a cabinet outside. I will have the TV up high in the gable roof.

Can someone recommend a AV receiver or what I need to look for on a receiver. I guessing A/B outputs for speakers. Can you have a basic AV receiver play 2 different sources to 2 different pairs of speakers. As for wires that travel to the roof from the receiver and cable box - cable for 4 speakers and only 1 HDMI cable?

I really appreciate any help and recommendations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

You'll need a receiver that is capable of running a Zone 2 off a different source, then you can run music at one end and TV/video sound at the other end. Multi-zone receivers aren't usually in the low-end, basic range however. You can look for used Onkyo's with Zone 2 from a few years ago to save on costs that way.

Micah
post #3 of 3 Old 03-25-2013, 01:16 PM

Try outdooraudio.com. fantastic product!
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page