Outdoor USB projector recommendations - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Home Entertainment & Theater Builder > Outdoor Theaters > Outdoor USB projector recommendations

Outdoor Theaters

Soriano01's Avatar Soriano01
11:02 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 4
04-10-2013 | Posts: 1
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an LED outdoor projector with USB capabilities to change the projected image often. Basically, the image will be projected onto a concrete wall showing still images. Any recommendations? I'm looking for something not overly expensive.

Thanks for you help!!
xnum27's Avatar xnum27
07:57 PM Liked: 10
post #2 of 4
10-18-2013 | Posts: 1
HI:

I AM LOOKING FOR THE SAME KIND OF PROJECTOR.. HAVE YOU FOUND ANYTHING?
The Tim Channel's Avatar The Tim Channel
12:43 PM Liked: 10
post #3 of 4
02-22-2014 | Posts: 11
I know there are a couple LED projectors that have USB inputs that can deal with most of the standard picture and video files. Benq IIRC and at least one other. I do not know if any of the bulb based machines do this yet as I have not been looking at them in ages. I need a new projector (or bulb replacement for one of my two Benq machines) which is why I know the LED variety does offer support in this arena. FWIW, I used to run static images on my eight by sixteen foot permanent backyard screen. I would vary between different night time views of city skylines. In the environment I had built around my setup, you could get the feeling of being in those cities, sitting on my back deck and drinking coffee, etc. Here's a picture I took one night. I do not know which city skyline is shown in this picture. I have a bunch of them. Somebody will recognize it I'm sure.

Enjoy.
Ftoast's Avatar Ftoast
01:33 PM Liked: 221
post #4 of 4
04-05-2014 | Posts: 1,573
Many inexpensive bulb-bases PJs can play pictures from a USBthumbdrive, but most can't play video from it. Almost all portable LED PJs can play pictures from USB and many can play video from USB too. For pictures/slideshows from an inexpensive PJ it's hard to go wrong, they're almost ALL capable in large because most are considered business models.
Reply Outdoor Theaters

Subscribe to this Thread