Outdoor USB projector recommendations - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-10-2013, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an LED outdoor projector with USB capabilities to change the projected image often. Basically, the image will be projected onto a concrete wall showing still images. Any recommendations? I'm looking for something not overly expensive.

Thanks for you help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 PM

HI:

I AM LOOKING FOR THE SAME KIND OF PROJECTOR.. HAVE YOU FOUND ANYTHING?
post #3 of 4 Old 02-22-2014, 11:43 AM

I know there are a couple LED projectors that have USB inputs that can deal with most of the standard picture and video files. Benq IIRC and at least one other. I do not know if any of the bulb based machines do this yet as I have not been looking at them in ages. I need a new projector (or bulb replacement for one of my two Benq machines) which is why I know the LED variety does offer support in this arena. FWIW, I used to run static images on my eight by sixteen foot permanent backyard screen. I would vary between different night time views of city skylines. In the environment I had built around my setup, you could get the feeling of being in those cities, sitting on my back deck and drinking coffee, etc. Here's a picture I took one night. I do not know which city skyline is shown in this picture. I have a bunch of them. Somebody will recognize it I'm sure.

Enjoy.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Many inexpensive bulb-bases PJs can play pictures from a USBthumbdrive, but most can't play video from it. Almost all portable LED PJs can play pictures from USB and many can play video from USB too. For pictures/slideshows from an inexpensive PJ it's hard to go wrong, they're almost ALL capable in large because most are considered business models.
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page