outdoor screen protection vs insects? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I recently bought a 120" manual roll screen and I plan to take it also outside. until now I watched in several occasions movies outside with a diy fixed screen. there were some insects on the screen, despite smoke-based insects repellent placed nearby but didn t care, as I shouldn t have to roll the screen. but now I am a little bit worried because of my new roll screen, even if, before i will rolling it up, I imagine i will brush away the most of the insects, if only couple of fat mosquitoes remain on the screen and get rolled/splashed I will have some serious blood stains on my new screen. how did others solve this problem? please help, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-23-2013, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I wonder if you could just literally spray some fogger on the screen. Wonder what that would do to the surface?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-23-2013, 07:35 PM

Liked: 10
We installed a cooling fan on each side of the screen and next to the seats. Mosquitoes (and most other bugs) avoid the breeze. We run the fans before rolling the screen and the seat fans are controled seperately so they can be turned on and off as needed. Not sure if it will work for you, but you might try it with a basic house fan first, and if it keeps the bugs off, you could look for something more permanant.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-07-2013, 05:21 PM

Liked: 13
A can of air would be helpful before rolling it up. Maybe a yard blower on low from a distance? Are you sure you want to use it outside? A plan B?

If your buying a new projector, buy more lumens than you will use. Running it in "Eco Mode" makes your bulb last 20-40% longer and reduces noise and heat.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-08-2013, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 111
What an excellent topic! I'm at the point where I am just waiting on shipping for the last few things I need for my outdoor theater, and for some reason, I only ever considered the impact of insects for biting me, and not for heading "Toward the light!" haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page