Transmitting BluRay (Optical) audio over Airplay - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-13-2013, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay, here's the set up:
Denon AVR-X1000 receiver with Airplay capability (Receiver)
Optoma HD8300 Projector
Denon BluRay player
Klipsch AW series speakers in a 5.1 configuration outside.

Challenge:
Projector and BluRay player are outside, nearly 80 feet from receiver that is producing the 5.1 sound to back yard.
I do NOT have any CAT5 cable run or any other cable run from the receiver to outside.
Seems like a simple enough idea. Connect BluRay player to projector via HDMI and somehow get audio to airplay to Denon Receiver.

So, what I really need is a device that will connect to the audio out of the BluRay player (Optical preferred) and transmit said audio to the Denon via Airplay.

Is anyone aware of a device that will simply convert the audio out from a device to an airplay signal I can send to the Denon?

(Running that cat5 to receiver is not something I want to do. I realize that might be the preferred solution, but I'm looking for wireless to avoid it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
In my experience the "wifi lag" is too much. You'll go crazy. If you air played them both it would be ok but the video quality your looking for is too poor. Bluetooth doesn't seem like an option either. Cat5 audio seems like the best option. Check out Cat5Adapters.com for an analog analog solution.
You won't like this but an FM transmitter would solve it too. No delays, but finding a quality transmitter is another story. You could also check out a professional VHF band audio transmitter as well. Usually no interference unless Beyonce lives next door.
I've also heard that "video senders" (rca video+L R) can be used by putting and audio coax into the video port. Never tried it though.

If your buying a new projector, buy more lumens than you will use. Running it in "Eco Mode" makes your bulb last 20-40% longer and reduces noise and heat.