Completely clueless on outdoor audio system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-24-2014, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I am trying to figure out what I am guessing is a pretty simple question. I am doing an outdoor patio and pool. I want to prewire for audio before slab goes down. What I cant figure out is how do I get music to the speakers. It will mainly be from iphone or android phone. I dont want to have to plug phone into a device, will do it if only way. Also will have a tv outside and maybe want to use music channel from my cable provider. 

Do I have some sort of amp or receiver inside and run the speaker wires to it. Is there some sort of wireless deal. Would prefe not to use wireless speakers, will not have anything to plug them into.

As you can see I am lost, any help ould be appreciated.

Thanks, CLyde

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-25-2014, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
If I were pouring a concrete deck I would run conduit to each of the four corners with a pull string.
The headphone jack on a phone will not power non amplified speakers large enough to fit your needs.
Most people use a AV reciever with multiple zones and run wires from the AVR to a pair of speakers mounted in the patio area. If you get a network capable reciever you will be able to stream from your phone. I would mount the speakers to the soffit of the house and run the wires through the attic. You can also run a HDMI cable for your tv if this is the plan I would look at a AVR with multi HDMI outputs.
If your plan is more of a dedicated outdoor theater with surround sound then you will need to run the conduit as you mentioned.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-29-2014, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We ran audio to our patio last year. We were able to come out near our bilco door (adjacent to the patio) and go directly into the ground (with conduit) to in ground speakers. The speakers are in flower beds around the patio, and only stick out of the ground about 4 inches.

I have an all-weather box with 3.5mm jack for plugging into a projector/iphone. It's all powered by an inexpensive receiver in the basement. A Bluetooth adapter can be had for around $30.

The speakers are great... They sound full and can get loud! I believe we spent $170 for it all, but we weren't looking for an audiophile experience outdoors.

If you're interested:

TIC GS5 Mini-omnidirectional
PYLE PT260A 200-Watt Digital AM/FM Stereo Receiver (Yea, I know... Pyle. It was cheap and actually works pretty well for what we do wink.gif )

post #4 of 4 Old 02-22-2014, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bluetooth is probably the only friend you have if you don't want to run wires. That said, I am definitely no expert with the AirPlay function on any of my iOS devices. There may be a path in that direction as well. Enjoy.
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page