Anyone Here a Member of Backyard Theater Forum? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 01-29-2014, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I hate to do this but I have been trying to get on that forum for nearly a week now and the admin has never approved my profile. In the past, whenever I have tried to join a forum that has admin approval, it has never come in, so I am a little dubious being on day 5 now.

If you are a member there, could you message an admin to see if you can get my profile (redeemed763) approved? Maybe it typically takes a week or more I don't know, but once I saw it required admin approval, I stopped holding my breath that I would ever get a membership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-29-2014, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It does take a while to get the ok. I'll send the admin an message on your behalf.

10 minutes later... just sent it.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-12-2014, 02:31 PM

Liked: 15
I have the same problem, registered in November still no approval. Tried emailing the support line, but no response there either. Profile name is TheAstronaut

------------
TheAstronaut's 5.1 HT Setup:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Portable Rack Build:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 Old 02-22-2014, 11:37 AM

Liked: 10
I think I might still have a user ID over there. Enjoy.
post #5 of 15 Old 02-26-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAstronaut View Post

I have the same problem, registered in November still no approval. Tried emailing the support line, but no response there either. Profile name is TheAstronaut

Not sure why I can't get approved. I can see in the forums that people who have registered in February have been approved, but I have submitted mine back in November and have not had my account activated. confused.gif

------------

Portable Rack Build:

post #6 of 15 Old 02-27-2014, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

For what its worth, I am still waiting for my approval, I have emailed support, and even with having jwh message the admin, I still have no approval, absolutely no clue what is going on over there.

I'll say it again, I have never been approved from a forum that requires admin approval, if I ever see registration go to that stage, I kind of assume it won't ever happen, it has now been over a month since I requested membership. They are clearly very poorly run if you have no way of getting new memberships approved and aren't using any kind of outside contact system.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-13-2014, 02:01 AM

Liked: 13
I tried myself a few years ago and never heard anything back. I realize it's not the admin's full time job but what kind of a system are they running over there. Hard to have a good community with a lazy admin.
I'm just sayin'.

If your buying a new projector, buy more lumens than you will use. Running it in "Eco Mode" makes your bulb last 20-40% longer and reduces noise and heat.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-16-2014, 10:51 AM

I ran into this too (inability to get account activated), but we can have our own sub forum here. and there's still plenty of old posts there for reference.

I've been toying with a small outdoor theater on my deck for a couple years, but it is going to happen now as the deck was re-done and it's great, and roomy too!
post #9 of 15 Old 04-21-2014, 04:44 PM

I applied a few summers ago and have gleaned a lot of info from there. However, I haven't ever been accepted or even contacted.
I use this forum and that one and I had my first outdoor showing Friday night. IT was wonderful and I am glad I put it together.
post #10 of 15 Old 04-22-2014, 07:15 AM

For those that can't get in, there is also a pretty active facebook group called ByT - Backyard Theater that is frequented by a lot of the BYT forum members. Of course, there's also this area here on AVS which could also grow into a great community as well biggrin.gif
willmo likes this.

------------

Portable Rack Build:

post #11 of 15 Old 05-30-2014, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all. New member here. Its good to see im not the only one byt.com is ignoring. Such a shame, that site could really flourish if only the admin would take some interest in his site. At the very least designate someone to validate memberships. I dunno...maybe to get in you have to know the right people. Be one of the cool kids. Whatever, I learned a lot from that site but im tired of sitting around waiting on them to approve my membership. I've moved on and have landed here. So I guess here is where my byt journey begins wink.gif
post #12 of 15 Old 07-03-2014, 04:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i've been a member on BYT.com for a few years and to be honest its not a very active site. There are a few posts here and there but I think this sub-forum or the FB BYT group will suit people better. I would love to see some other peoples setups here and maybe what people use as pre-roll prior to their movie.

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
post #13 of 15 Old 07-03-2014, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmstyle View Post
i've been a member on BYT.com for a few years and to be honest its not a very active site. There are a few posts here and there but I think this sub-forum or the FB BYT group will suit people better. I would love to see some other peoples setups here and maybe what people use as pre-roll prior to their movie.
Yeah, I agree. I joined the Facebook BYT group and have been much happier posting on there.
post #14 of 15 Old 07-05-2014, 10:24 AM

Liked: 0
I tried to create a login last year also, and just tried again yesterday, but just like everbody else I'm still waiting...
post #15 of 15 Old 07-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Liked: 0
I just got registered there last week. I did a Whois search and sent an email to the domain holder who happens to be the admin on the site too. Got a response the same day I sent the message. He told me that I could have clicked on tools, contact us on the site for the same result. I would try that and if you don't get a response then Whois the site for his direct email address.
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page