NEC VT800 and 155" screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-04-2014, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

New to this whole outdoor projection idea.

I have a NECVT800 that I run HDMI into.  I currently have it downstairs in my theatre room and it looks well even with the lights on.  I am in the process of making an outdoor projection screen and I have some concerns?

Since this is my first time and I live up in Canada where the weather is unstable, I thought I would try a screen before I invest in Carls Place for a screen.  I bought some material from hometex.ca "White BackDrop Fabric" and I was thinking of double layering it.  I bought over double the size so I can double it up.  I was also going to grommet it and use bungees to attach it to my screen.  I wasn't going to sew the 3 sides as I thought I would grommet right through both sheets of fabric and that will hold the screen together?  I am not looking for 1080p video quality, im just looking for something decent that the kids will enjoy.

Also, I want to get my screen to 155" as that's what I am building the stand for.  Can anyone help me out with how far a throw I have to be and if 155" is even suitable for my projector?  I did find a website that mentioned to get to 155" I need to be at 18.2 feet away?  So, that's what I was going to shoot for. My screen is going to stay on the frame, but the frame legs will come off for storage. 

Just hoping I can get some feedback on this and hopefully in a few months I can have my set up ready to roll when the snow disappears. 

I am already working on my PSA for my video, with add in clips of myself, and also have the wife making movie tickets for the opening night spectacular.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-04-2014, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
According to Projector Central, you should be fine at 155". Here is a link their info on your projector. i have a Carl's screen and absolutely love it. My advice, get one!

http://www.projectorcentral.com/NEC-VT800-projection-calculator-pro.htm
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page