Advice - Sonos Connect Amp with Paradigm 80-SM - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-24-2014, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, hoping to get any advice on my new setup for a new backyard. I have zero audio knowledge outside of hooking up the audio left and right RCA cables lol. Really hope someone could look at this setup and give me some direction.

Equipment:

I will have one Sonos AMP (https://www.sonos.com/documents/productguides/en/ConnectAmpGuide_EN.pdf) located in my backyard shed hard wired to my home network. Two 80-SM rock speakers (http://www.paradigm.com/downloads/OM-140.pdf) will be run direct burial cable to the Sonos AMP.

First question from my reading is on speaker cable (note cost is not a factor - looking for the best solution):

- Runs will likely be 50 - 100ft max. Maybe in the 50ft run each? locations TBD see last question.

What guage wire.? Should I be using 12 AWG? to error on the side of length - not sure if going 12 AWG for shorter runs does any harm or no?

The Rock speaker has for hook up 2 cables. Each cable has a black/red inside of it. I presume this is for the L+R per speaker.

Next question will be on actual cable runs to each speaker?
Do I run 1 pull of 1cable to each speaker or do I have to run 2 cables per speaker?

Then lastly what would everyone's option be for speak locations and should I run them as
One speaker - LEFT
One speaker - RIGHT

OR

Each speaker in stero L+R each?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-25-2014, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How do the Speakers sounds?