Getting Direct TV to my Outdoor patio - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-23-2014, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Getting Direct TV to my Outdoor patio

Hello,

First time poster, long time lurker. I have received so many good tips from this site that I was able to run my whole house entertainment system. Hopefully I am in the right forum for my question.

Now that my interior home is completed I am concentrating on my back yard. I want to run Direct tv to my Pergola. The problem is the patio is 25 feet from the home on the backside of the yard in the corner. A pool between the honme and patio. I was considering buying a splitter and running cable underground along with a RF so I can control the box from outside. Is that too long of a run? I would need to go up into the wall and then out of the attic and down the exterior wall, underground 25 feet to covered patio.

I am open for any ideas at all if it will prevent me from digging and burying cables. Direct Tv also has a wireless box now but I am not sure that distance will be covered.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-23-2014, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhorne3535 View Post
Hello,

First time poster, long time lurker. I have received so many good tips from this site that I was able to run my whole house entertainment system. Hopefully I am in the right forum for my question.

Now that my interior home is completed I am concentrating on my back yard. I want to run Direct tv to my Pergola. The problem is the patio is 25 feet from the home on the backside of the yard in the corner. A pool between the honme and patio. I was considering buying a splitter and running cable underground along with a RF so I can control the box from outside. Is that too long of a run? I would need to go up into the wall and then out of the attic and down the exterior wall, underground 25 feet to covered patio.

I am open for any ideas at all if it will prevent me from digging and burying cables. Direct Tv also has a wireless box now but I am not sure that distance will be covered.

Cheers!
I can't speak to Direct TV equipment, but my Dish Network Joey worked at 80 feet from my router. Actually, it worked at 110 ft, but the signal strength was in the low 70s. I would think you should be ok with a wireless Direct box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters