Tailgating Power / TV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 07-17-2014, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tailgating Power / TV

In anticipation of the upcoming football season, I'm looking to step up my tailgate. I have a 32" LED TV I'd like to set up in the parking lot to watch the pregame shows. I just picked up a digital antenna. I think I'll be able to pick up the signals since I'll be close to NY. I'm looking to go to Metlife stadium. I know others do this on a biweekly basis with Satellite dishes, full blown campers and whatnot. What would you suggest for powering the TV? I found this on amazon and might give it a go: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009YR00MI/...=IA89LSLVXH1Y2

I might do some testing in parks and other areas to see how the signal picks up. Does anyone have experience with this type of setup or at Metlife? I guess a satellite dish / receiver might be the best way to go. Another option is to bring a laptop, but I think I'd need a slingbox or something. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 08-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i've been using a 750 watt power inverter at our tailgates. it runs my receiver with 2 channels at 100 watts, 42" lcd, and satellite dish. i just make sure to start the car every once in awhile and run it for 5-10 minutes. i connect it directly to the car battery. make sure to carry extra fuses for the unit, never had one blown, but just in case.

Current Phase of HT Room: Under Construction...
Sponsored Links
Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page