Open Air Cinema Home Outdoor System Review - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Old 08-13-2014, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Open Air Cinema Home Outdoor System Review

Hmmmm. Surprised at the complete lack of interest in this large outdoor screen option.
I have deleted my detailed review but will say the following:

The company has provided me with good service, but buying cross-border has its pitfalls.

The screen appears durable and capable of a quality picture, but the blower motor is RIDICULOUSLY loud! To me, unusable. I built a foam lined wooden hush box with separate compartments for the intake, outlet and the blower unit. The supplied Optima projector outputs plenty of light and has a decent image considering it is primarily meant for business presentations.

I had issue with a ground loop type hum using any source plugged into the wall, including the supplied Bluray player. The system is dead quiet when playing from a battery powered laptop or my I-phone. I almost eliminated the problem by adding a Behringer ground loop isolator (and all the necessary patch cords of course) I didn't ask for technical support on this problem because replacement of a failed speaker had already cost me $150 in Canada/US border charges. Free trade? Ya right!
You want remote volume control like every piece of consumer electronics out there? Forget it! A tiny little knob on the base unit is all you get, unless you patch the audio through the projector, using it as a sort of lousy pre-amp.
The 10" PA type speakers supplied with my system get loud, sound articulate in open spaces but put out very little bass.

Last edited by DavidK442; 09-07-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Reply Outdoor Theaters
Gear in this thread - w1070 by

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page