Can this be done? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-21-2014, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Can this be done?

I have been doing the BYT thing for almost a year and i love hosting the events but the setup and take down especially the take down part has become a bit of a chore. I'm am planning on moving to a more perminant setup where if ideal all i have to do is move the projector.
My wife works in advertising so the screen part is easy, im leaning toward billboard vinyl for that.
My house has a closet on the rear that is climate controled so i'm planning on setting my Yamaha RX-V671 reciever there and burying speaker wires for 5.1 speakers and also CAT5e to the projector location for HDMI baseT connection. I feel confident about all this working but here is my question I have a Yamaha RX-A820 in my den that has 2 HDMI outs, can i run the second HDMI out to reciever in the back via either Redmere or HDMI baseT and pass video and audio from the sources in my den? ( cable box, BluRay,ect.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-21-2014, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
so you want to run the following?

source(bluray/cable) -----> A820 --audio--> V671

(A820 2nd out to) ----video---> projector

not sure if that's possible, you could split the source with one of these: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Current Phase of HT Room: Under Construction...
post #3 of 4 Old 08-22-2014, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by michalum View Post
so you want to run the following?

source(bluray/cable) -----> A820 --audio--> V671

(A820 2nd out to) ----video---> projector

not sure if that's possible, you could split the source with one of these: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
Sorry for the confusion, I dont want to separate the audio and video i just want to feed both audio and video from AVR1(HDMI out 2) to AVR2 via HDMI and then feed video to the projector from AVR2 via HDMI.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-22-2014, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
gotcha. i don't see why it wouldn't work, because all you are doing is passing the signal along and your main receiver will just act as a glorified switch. i'd test it with a short hdmi cable right next to it before buying the long one. obviously you'd have to have both receivers on to run the outdoor projector and you'd have to watch/listen to the same things on both receivers.

your other option would be to split each source and run one connection into your main receiver and run the others into a switch and then run one hdmi cable from the switch to your receiver in the closet.

i've used monoprices hdmi's switches with success before i bought receivers with multiple hdmi inputs. the only issue i ever had was auto-detection with them, you'd have to manually select them sometimes.

of course you could buy a cheap blu-ray player, but that wouldn't solve your cable box issue. btw, good luck in the upcoming football season!

Current Phase of HT Room: Under Construction...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page