Outdoor Speakers for Patio Recommendations - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bigotis

post #1 of 7 Old 03-20-2017, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Outdoor Speakers for Patio Recommendations

Hello,

I am looking for some recommendations for outdoor speakers for my patio:
1) They are going to be mounted outside of the house, fully exposed to the elements
2) Sound isn't as important as how weatherproof they are
3) I'd like to stay around $150 for the pair (but would be willing to go up $200 at most).
4) Patio area is approximately 15' x 36'
5) They will be mounted maybe 15'-20' above the patio so I'll be pointing them down

They will be powered by an AudioSource AMP-100 amplifier (already prewired to the outside). The AMP-100 currently powers a pair of in-ceiling kitchen speakers and will also power this pair of outdoor speakers. Audio source will be a Sonos:Connect.

I'm currently looking at the Polk Audio Atrium4 or Atrium5 but I'm open to recommendations.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Polk are great. Another brand is Sonance...they make great weatherproof speakers although a bit pricey. Just make sure whatever you buy, they can handle the wattage that your amp pushes out. You may want to Google marine speaker brands. Im sure there are more to choose from.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-29-2017, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlsetter View Post
Hello,

I am looking for some recommendations for outdoor speakers for my patio:
1) They are going to be mounted outside of the house, fully exposed to the elements
2) Sound isn't as important as how weatherproof they are
3) I'd like to stay around $150 for the pair (but would be willing to go up $200 at most).
4) Patio area is approximately 15' x 36'
5) They will be mounted maybe 15'-20' above the patio so I'll be pointing them down

They will be powered by an AudioSource AMP-100 amplifier (already prewired to the outside). The AMP-100 currently powers a pair of in-ceiling kitchen speakers and will also power this pair of outdoor speakers. Audio source will be a Sonos:Connect.

I'm currently looking at the Polk Audio Atrium4 or Atrium5 but I'm open to recommendations.

Thanks!
I will also be attempting outdoor speakers this year. Looking to place under my upstairs deck facing the pool. I'm thinking a Sonos conncet amp and two DT AW6500 speakers. Not sure how I will install everything wires will need to be run through the decking into the house. I will probably buy everything and pay for professional installation as that side of my two story home is really hard to get to via the attic.

Let me know what you decide on. I will post pics of my project once I get started, sometime in June.

Spearkers
https://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Te...tdoor+speakers

Sonos Connect amp
https://www.amazon.com/Sonos-CONNECT...os+connect+amp

post #4 of 7 Old 05-19-2017, 09:30 AM

Definitive Technology AW6500

I ordered on Definitive Technology AW6500 speaker yesterday to test in the backyard. Purchased opened box item from Amazon @ $150. this is my first time buying an open box speaker so I'm a bit nervous.

I'm slowly piecing together a pool/patio system (2 DT Aw6500 run through a Sonos connect amp) stay tuned.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-20-2017, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindbandit View Post
I ordered on Definitive Technology AW6500 speaker yesterday to test in the backyard. Purchased opened box item from Amazon @ $150. this is my first time buying an open box speaker so I'm a bit nervous.

I'm slowly piecing together a pool/patio system (2 DT Aw6500 run through a Sonos connect amp) stay tuned.
I've bought several open box speakers from Amazon, including AW6500's, all looked brand new. Good luck with yours, they are great outside speakers.
blindbandit likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-25-2017, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=6971

I have these. They are decent for the price and do the job
post #7 of 7 Old 05-25-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigotis View Post
I've bought several open box speakers from Amazon, including AW6500's, all looked brand new. Good luck with yours, they are great outside speakers.
Received my AW6500 last night, had a chance to test it indoors. WOW what a great sound, clear highs, mids and lows. Can't wait to order another one. I was a bit worried ordering used from Amazon but the speaker came packed in the original box and packaging, Highly recommend.

Last edited by blindbandit; 05-25-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page