leave a carls screen up all season? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-20-2017, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
leave a carls screen up all season?

I have a carls screen - can't remember if it is the flexwhite or flexgray. I know on their website, they say you shouldn't leave it set up for more then short term.

I am curious if anyone has left it up long term? I live in an area with a fair amount of rain throughout the year - no monsoons, but no droughts either. Also, summer tends to be very humid.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1563 Post(s)
Liked: 1027
Surprised no one has replied to this as there are several obvious issues with leaving an outdoor screen up permanently. First is that outdoor screens are especially susceptible to damage from high winds that can pop up at any time with a storm front. Second is that cumulative exposure to ultraviolet light from the sun will cause the screen material to degrade. Third is that in a moist climate it's almost inevitable that mildew will develop on the screen. If you're willing to replace the screen with a new one very couple of years then it might work for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement