Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-04-2017, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Patio/Deck Setup Help

Hello,

I am in the process of researching the best way to setup an audio and sometimes TV setup on my deck and patio. The deck is located off of a second story with the the patio down below it just off to the left. This is what I was considering doing buying 4 outdoor speakers placing 2 under the eaves on the deck and then 2 more on the house by the patio. And would want the ability to use all 4 at once or just either the two on the deck/patio separately. I would control the speakers from a fairly large closet inside the house that I have power and cable TV ran to and access to the outside. I about pulled the trigger on a Denon 1300 receiver with WiFi to drive the speakers and plug the HDMI through but got cold feet when I read some not so good reviews of their app then about bought a Yamaha a 660. Being able to control the system with my phone is going to be very important. So I guess my main question is do I go with some type of WiFi receiver or would I be better off with a Sonos system? The other question would be what type of speakers, I was planing on the Yamaha 2 ways but then also looked at Outdoor Speaker Depot.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-06-2017, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 31
My situation was some what similar to yours a couple yrs ago. Wifi on my receivers has been not so dependable where as Sonos is almost bulletproof for me. Electronics all in closet close to exterior wall, cables run out to covered deck for tv and speakers. Tv is brought in during Dec-March, otherwise has fabric cover on it. Remote control is rf with blaster in closet for switching between tv, bluray, music, etc. Sonos app on iPhone and IPad for music. Deftech 6500 speakers on deck, compared a lot and these were best value/sound for me. I have OSD rock speakers in a different area and they are very impressive so I imagine their outdoor speakers are as well. Of all the listening areas in my home the outside is most enjoyable as it's so relaxing, hope you enjoy yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page