Projector advice for outdoor projection at arts festival
New to the forum I’ll apologise upfront if I am posting in the wrong place or asking daft questions.
I’m putting on piece of work for a 3day Arts festival. It involves projecting an piece HD video of stop motion animation at night most likely in an agricultural shed (some ambient light). This why I figured that the outdoor theatre thread might be the right place to ask.
It’s an arts project with a small budget, so I’m looking to do this for as low as cost as possible but needs to the end result has to be a decent standard. (asking for miracles??).
So I looking for advice on the type of projectors, lumens needed etc and any model suggestions that might do the job.
- Size of projected image based on 16:9 aspect: Approximately width 5m by height 2.8m - diagonal 5.7m
- It has a widescreen aspect ratio of 2.35:1 (I understand that use of an anamorphic lens is optimal but expensive - so keen to explore other options)
- Time of day: From dusk into the night.
- There are several locations being considered 2 are outside and one is in a large agricultural shed with some large openings in the side walls for ambient light to enter.
- Projection surface: The most probably location has option for screen material to stretched over a mesh frame (I understand that the screen has a major impact in the final viewed image)
- Other considerations: it will be a full moon that weekend.
- The work is black and white - rather subtle. Have attached a still
Thanks in advance