Largest Outdoor Screen - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 41Likes

post #61 of 86 Old 08-29-2017, 06:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post
Just ordered the Epson G7500U, should be here this week.
Just in time for the long weekend! Let's hope the rain holds off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 86 Old 08-30-2017, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Got it!

Projects:
NOT STARTED - Theater (Sim2 HT380, CIH 13ft wide).
IN PROGRESS (10%) - Home LAN (4 PCs).

Game room:
Epson 5040UBE, Denon S920W, Philips BDP7501, NVidia Shield TV, PS4 Pro, SI 110"
post #63 of 86 Old 08-30-2017, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Test run tonight?

Take some pic's!

What's the opening night movie?

post #64 of 86 Old 09-04-2017, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

20-30 mph winds, argh! Won't be tonight.

I'll pick up the IOGEAR tonight. I have several uses for it (including outdoors), so I'd like to see how it performs.

The Sim2 in the basement, the in ceiling HDMI run seems to be intermittently failing, since it's a 1080p projector it might work well with IOGEAR.

I'd like to put my VR setup away from my TV (into the corner of the room) and still output 1080p to the TV, so it might work well there too, let's see.

I read the IOGEAR has only 1ms latency or so, so that's great if true.

Wondering with a 4k enhanced projector if I should be sending it a true 4K source vs. 1080p via IOGEAR what type of PQ difference we'll see.

Projects:

Game room:
post #65 of 86 Old 09-04-2017, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Wondering with a 4k enhanced projector if I should be sending it a true 4K source vs. 1080p via IOGEAR what type of PQ difference we'll see.
I have not tried the IOGEAR with UHD so I don't know.

However, the IOGEAR unit is not HDCP 2.2 compliant so I expect if you're using an UHD player it will down res to 1080p as a mater of protocol any way. A moot point.
post #66 of 86 Old 09-04-2017, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Pretty cool build. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basement Theater/Rec Build 2.0 - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...ng-advice.html
post #67 of 86 Old 09-10-2017, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

This project is going to take longer than I thought, it's possible it will run until next year if I can't find anyone to help me build the seating area like I'm thinking.

I took the pergola columns down yesterday with a sawzall, they were filled with sand, it took half the day to get this cleaned up lol.

While taking the column down, the neighbor's first words (and only words that day to me) were "I wanted it to fall on you!". Lol. He then proceeded to sing for 20 minutes (he doesn't have a singing voice), and burp about 15 times in that time frame.

So we can add that with the crickets to the annoying things we'll have to deal with at night.

Projects:

Game room:
post #68 of 86 Old 09-10-2017, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This project is going to take longer than I thought, it's possible it will run until next year if I can't find anyone to help me build the seating area like I'm thinking.

I took the pergola columns down yesterday with a sawzall, they were filled with sand, it took half the day to get this cleaned up lol.
Fold up aluminium lawn chairs and blankets work really well!

Quote:
While taking the column down, the neighbor's first words (and only words that day to me) were "I wanted it to fall on you!". Lol. He then proceeded to sing for 20 minutes (he doesn't have a singing voice), and burp about 15 times in that time frame.

So we can add that with the crickets to the annoying things we'll have to deal with at night.
Sounds like you maybe need to make an investment in a home protection device if you already haven't.
elmalloc and tiger8mush like this.
post #69 of 86 Old 09-13-2017, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Test run has to be this weekend.

Friday/Saturday/Sunday, no rain, winds at 5mph, temps of 78/58.

I'm putting some lattice up today just for the neighbors, not sure how it's going to turn out, could only find 4" diagonal lattice (which is more gardening stuff and not really privacy). I can certainly grow some trumpet vines up them fairly quickly (trumpet vines seem to grow at least 10ft in a year from my experience).

Projects:

Game room:
post #70 of 86 Old 09-16-2017, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Screen took about 30 minutes to set up. Didn't get time to project on it! Just barely enough area to maneuver ladder around.

Sorry for the poor pictures, I need to get a tripod and change the exposure settings next time.

Electrician hasn't stopped by yet to do the work:
  1. but do you have any quick recommendation on a source that can do anamorphic squeeze?
  2. Is there a processor that can do it for me so I don't get tied to the source itself?
  3. Any recommendations on a portable rack?

Thanks!

I can't decide what to use as a first movie yet, it has to be 2.4 ratio and "family friendly" since my neighbors will be spying if not watching lol. Have to always set a good impression, after that...

tiger8mush likes this.

Projects:

Game room:
post #71 of 86 Old 09-16-2017, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Screen took about 30 minutes to set up. Didn't get time to project on it! Just barely enough area to maneuver ladder around.

Sorry for the poor pictures, I need to get a tripod and change the exposure settings next time.

Electrician hasn't stopped by yet to do the work:
  1. but do you have any quick recommendation on a source that can do anamorphic squeeze?
  2. Is there a processor that can do it for me so I don't get tied to the source itself?
  3. Any recommendations on a portable rack?

Thanks!

I can't decide what to use as a first movie yet, it has to be 2.4 ratio and "family friendly" since my neighbors will be spying if not watching lol. Have to always set a good impression, after that...
I use an OPPO Blu-ray player and a DuneHD media player. Both will support an anamorphic lens.

The other approach would be to use a Lumagen Radiance video processor. I don't know of any AVR or Pre-Pro that has this feature.

However, if you look at page 119 of your G7500 manual, it indicates that you have some kind of vertical zoom option for the 16:9 aspect (Auto, Normal, Full, H-Zoom, V-Zoom, Native). The manual is kind of vague on the description of what the settings do but maybe you'll get lucky. I'd fire up the projector, pointed at a wall with a disc, and press the buttons.

For portable racks, Anvil, SKB, and Gator are go to brands. You can save a little money with a Talent brand case. Talent's are not as durable as a Anvil, Gator, or SKB but will be more than adequate for your needs. FYI a rack unit, U's, is equal to 1.75". Most AVR's will require 4-5U's. If you can, you want to mount the electronics in the case using rack ears vs. shelf's. Here's a link:

https://www.parts-express.com/cat/po...rack-cases/602

For a first movie "Mars Attacks!" is fun for almost all ages (PG-13) and has lot's and lot's of eye popping color. We showed the just released comedy/crime move "Going in Style" (PG-13) for a neighbor movie party and it was very well received by the group.

P.S. The screen looks very nice!
elmalloc likes this.
post #72 of 86 Old 09-16-2017, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks a ton for the tips! I feel like I need to pay you for the advice, lol, if you have a paypal. None of this would be possible without yours and other tips in this forum. Carl's place is amazing! Screen material is so cheap I don't care if it lasts only 1 season, but it feels like it'll last at least 5 years easily (especially if not left out).

Man the screen looks bright, I think the Epson combo is going to be killer at night. The screen is bright enough during the day I'll probably never leave it up for extended times (just this weekend, will probably try and take it down Sunday night, although the week still has high temperatures). I probably need a way to easily turn off the landscape lighting though as that produces a lot of ambient light, but we'll see.

I wonder if anyone watches Monday Night Football on this thing? Watching MLB playoffs might be nuts too. I went 2.4 AR, but it's still "big enough" for 16x9. I sometimes play 16x9 games through the lens and it's still playable and doesn't look as noticeable as I thought it should.

I have big plans for the seating area, I think a few swivel chairs for now will tide it over. I've got a sliding poly bench, too.

I'm trying to find people to help, but the seating area hopefully will incorporate fiber optic lighting embedded into concrete.

Projects:

Game room:
post #73 of 86 Old 09-16-2017, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks a ton for the tips! I feel like I need to pay you for the advice, lol, if you have a paypal. None of this would be possible without yours and other tips in this forum. Carl's place is amazing! Screen material is so cheap I don't care if it lasts only 1 season, but it feels like it'll last at least 5 years easily (especially if not left out).

Man the screen looks bright, I think the Epson combo is going to be killer at night. The screen is bright enough during the day I'll probably never leave it up for extended times (just this weekend, will probably try and take it down Sunday night, although the week still has high temperatures). I probably need a way to easily turn off the landscape lighting though as that produces a lot of ambient light, but we'll see.

I wonder if anyone watches Monday Night Football on this thing? Watching MLB playoffs might be nuts too. I went 2.4 AR, but it's still "big enough" for 16x9. I sometimes play 16x9 games through the lens and it's still playable and doesn't look as noticeable as I thought it should.

I have big plans for the seating area, I think a few swivel chairs for now will tide it over. I've got a sliding poly bench, too.

I'm trying to find people to help, but the seating area hopefully will incorporate fiber optic lighting embedded into concrete.
Yep, Carl's Screen's is really good stuff and you can't beat the price. I'm sure if you give it some tender-loving-care, you'll get more than 5 years out of it. I'm in the process of putting together a 9'x5' rear projection for Halloween animation effects using Carl's material.

Sports outside is great! Fire up that grill and a few cold one's and it's almost as good a being there.

As far as A-lens support; I think the Oppo Blu-ray player is probably the best/easiest way to go. The Oppo scaling is very good, it's cost effective, and it's a very nice blu-ray player. I would not be afraid to pick up a used one off of ebay if you wanted to save a little. Oppo has excellent customer service if you should need a repair.

I think you're really going to enjoy your setup. It's really is an added dimension of fun to watch a movie outside I think. I'm a little bit envious of that screen. If I lived a little closer to you, I'd try to weasel an invitation for your startup!
elmalloc likes this.
post #74 of 86 Old 09-18-2017, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Cool

I test drove it tonight. All in cinema mode, sharpness down a notch.

The projector noise floor is not really audible, you were right.
The projector's speakers are not really passable, at low volumes at least "it's there", but I need to get those Polk Atrium 8s up front. I might just try one (center) and see how it sounds since it's dispersing audio, I don't want to play it very loud anyway.

I saw some slight vertical banding in games, it seems like it might be because the Carl's place screen might be touching one of the vertical pipes, causing it to have a slightly different reflection angle. Nothing bad considering the screen is so cheap.
  • First, with Nintendo Switch. Not bad, turned on frame interpolation (high) and Zelda runs smoothly. No 4k mode.
  • Second, Mario kart 8. Looked colorful, great. No 4k mode.

Here's where it got nasty.
  • Third, Jurassic World (blu-ray, off Sony PS3). 2.0 Aspect Ratio. 4k mode. Zoomed (no lens).
  • Last, A Bug's life (blu-ray, off Sony PS3). 2.35 Aspect Ratio. 4k mode. Zoomed (no lens).

All I can say for the last 2 is, this is an absolute dream come true. This might be one of the best projects I've worked on (landscaping wise) and I've spent almost all my disposable income on that as its my main hobby.

I was able to have the porch light on behind the projector and it felt like it made almost no difference. What's probably happening is the projector (at 30 ft away) is giving about 25-28 lumens. When zooming, some of the light overspills and hits the yard and turns into some ambient light.

Because the porch light could be kept on, most of the seating area had a good amount of light. This means I can probably incorporate switchable LED lighting into the deck/seating area in the future.

I'll try to upload pictures/video but my Android is usually pretty blurry at night and you can't get a sense of size since it's just dark.

Sitting 30ft away, it doesn't necessarily feel like an immense screen, it feels just right.

Once again, I'm pretty surprised. What a good deal on a refurb projector. I wonder if I can squeeze even just a little more out of it if I start using 4k sources. I know sending 4K to my Epson 5040UBE looks pretty awesome with Nvidia shield and Netflix 4K or certain 4k discs (planet earth 2).

Just nutty.
tiger8mush likes this.

Projects:

Game room:

Last edited by elmalloc; 09-18-2017 at 08:36 PM.
post #75 of 86 Old 09-18-2017, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The projector's speakers are not really passable, at low volumes at least "it's there", but I need to get those Polk Atrium 8s up front. I might just try one (center) and see how it sounds since it's dispersing audio, I don't want to play it very loud anyway.
Since your seating area is some distance from the screen, consider mounting the speakers in the seating area as it would allow you to reduce the overall volume. It's not necessary to mount the speakers at the screen. Remember the Drive-In's of old had a speaker in your car and not at the screen and it worked. Five of the Atrium8's or even the Atrium6's will do a great job and 5.1 will distribute the sound better than a single point source speaker.

For what its worth, I use speaker stands like this. They're easy to set up and take down and the speakers can be angled down to or set at ear level so as to maximize listening volumes without pissing off the neighbors.

Quote:
I saw some slight vertical banding in games, it seems like it might be because the Carl's place screen might be touching one of the vertical pipes, causing it to have a slightly different reflection angle. Nothing bad considering the screen is so cheap.

Not an I told you so, but that's the benefit of going with the truss mount EMT frame. You can eliminate the vertical frame stiffeners. It will become more apparent if you have a breeze or some wind. But, it's possible to retro fit the frame if it becomes too much of a problem.

Sounds like you've moved on to the fine tuning mode. The coming week end weather report looks like it will support a grand opening!
elmalloc likes this.
post #76 of 86 Old 09-18-2017, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

More pictures to come. It's fantastic! I couldn't have imagined better, and I can imagine a lot. This makes no sense!

tiger8mush and PGTweed like this.

Projects:

Game room:

Last edited by elmalloc; 09-18-2017 at 09:05 PM.
post #77 of 86 Old 09-19-2017, 05:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
More pictures to come. It's fantastic! I couldn't have imagined better, and I can imagine a lot. This makes no sense!

More fun than humans should be allowed to have!

elmalloc likes this.
post #78 of 86 Old 09-19-2017, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

The 4k enhancement on this projector has definitely helped being able to zoom to get scope. I'm really surprised by both the non-animated and animated movie quality. I really couldn't have expected this!

I dropped my PS3 while trying to carry it inside, lol. I took extra care to bring the projector in without bumping it or tripping, after that. I didn't use the IOGear yet. I defintely need one of those portable racks, just trying to figure out the Unit measurements I'll need with equipment I'll be using (since not all equipment is bought yet, looks like I don't need the oppo unless I want ultra HD, and I think I do lol). I saw some roller 10Us from the link you sent.

Now, I must see how quickly I get can get a Pergola up here (same 6x6 posts) and hang the projector from that. I do need at least 30ft from screen to lens to get enough zoom for 2.4. In general it wouldn't take long to do this, but to get footers through the raised paver patio, it will be tougher.

I'm going to try and get some gas/heat runs through this area. I thought about doing a 20ft wide 3 season gazebo that could somehow open up on both sides for movies.

Here's the inspiring image for seating on an Ipe deck:

Those fires will be dangerous to kids, so I'm thinking of building a unilock wall in front of the seating with fire within it, instead.

1) Don't want to heat up the projector, just people (lol).
2) Don't want too much light in front of the projector interfering with lumens.

Projects:

Game room:
post #79 of 86 Old 09-19-2017, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I have another idea. Since you suggested the speakers can go near the patio instead of the screen due to distance (I totally didn't think about that, I feel like I'm building an actual movie theater now, LOL)...what about if I build a hefty pergola, attach the speakers to it in some fashion (eaves?) - and wire them inside the house.

With the IOGear, I could then probably get 1080P to the projector without even needing to take the portable rack outside?! It could also be out of pesky kid's hands that way. One less thing to lug around.

The only thing I'd have to do is mount the screen, and mount the projector each time.

Projects:

Game room:
post #80 of 86 Old 09-19-2017, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I really enjoyed reading through this thread.

Awesome job and beautiful backyard!
tiger8mush likes this.

Optoma HD37 on 138" DIY AT Screen
Infinity Beta 40s, Infinity Beta C250, Atlantic Technologies 224 SR
BIC H100 (DIY in the works)
Old Pioneer VSX-521
post #81 of 86 Old 09-19-2017, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have another idea. Since you suggested the speakers can go near the patio instead of the screen due to distance (I totally didn't think about that, I feel like I'm building an actual movie theater now, LOL)...what about if I build a hefty pergola, attach the speakers to it in some fashion (eaves?) - and wire them inside the house.

With the IOGear, I could then probably get 1080P to the projector without even needing to take the portable rack outside?! It could also be out of pesky kid's hands that way. One less thing to lug around.

The only thing I'd have to do is mount the screen, and mount the projector each time.
Sure, that should work and a good idea with your setup. But...

Since you're going to be stretching wire for the speakers anyhow, I would suggest that you go ahead and install an HDMI extender over Cat5e/Cat 6 cable to the projector mounting area. It's just one more small wire and it will eliminate the problems with HDMI over long runs and you'll be able to support 4K-UHD. AFAIK, the IOGear is not HDCP 2.2 compliant so an UHD player is going to down convert to 1080. Sorry, for the suggestion at this point but your installation has evolved and the IOGear, while a good product/solution, was a few posts back.

Here's a link to a Gefen unit that will support the necessary bandwidth of 4k-UHD and there are other brands out there. You can use the same technology at a lower price without 4K support.

http://www.gefen.com/product/4k-ultr...r-GTB-UHD-HBT2
elmalloc likes this.

Last edited by b curry; 09-19-2017 at 09:51 AM.
post #82 of 86 Old 10-01-2017, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I'll probably go with Gefen when we set this up correctly.

I moved the EMT about 1" on the left/right an 1" on the bottom to account fo the slight stretchiness (not a word, lol) I saw when taking it down last time. I think the sun is heating the back up and stretching the material when wind hits - the middle pipes were really visible before I started taking it down. I'm kind of afraid I'm going to stretch it even more if I keep expanding the EMT, lol.

Anyway this might sound crazy and not doable, but I started looking at edmund optics glass which is supposedly 99.9% transmissive, and people use it in hush boxes.

Think I can build a 3 or 4 season area (gazebo/etc.) using edmund optics glass in front of the projector to allow it to stay "indoors" if the night is cold? I could have a panel that covers it up from the outside when not in use.

If I do this right, another bonus of the room could be I could enclose most of the audio so neighbors couldn't hear it much. I could work on a room that can convert itself between 3/4 season and open, but I'd be worried about the amount of bugs getting trapped inside then (lol?).

I'm thinking on warmer nights, I could "exit" the 3/4 season "room" and sit under the stars (with just one side of this semi circle):

Last edited by elmalloc; 10-01-2017 at 03:18 AM.
post #83 of 86 Old 10-02-2017, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'll probably go with Gefen when we set this up correctly.

I moved the EMT about 1" on the left/right an 1" on the bottom to account fo the slight stretchiness (not a word, lol) I saw when taking it down last time. I think the sun is heating the back up and stretching the material when wind hits - the middle pipes were really visible before I started taking it down. I'm kind of afraid I'm going to stretch it even more if I keep expanding the EMT, lol.
Yes, that's going to happen if you leave the screen up. The black backside of the screen is going to absorb the sunlight/heat and you will get some stretching as the bungees are applying constant tension. The only way around that is to dismount the screen.

Quote:
Anyway this might sound crazy and not doable, but I started looking at edmund optics glass which is supposedly 99.9% transmissive, and people use it in hush boxes.

Think I can build a 3 or 4 season area (gazebo/etc.) using edmund optics glass in front of the projector to allow it to stay "indoors" if the night is cold? I could have a panel that covers it up from the outside when not in use.

If I do this right, another bonus of the room could be I could enclose most of the audio so neighbors couldn't hear it much. I could work on a room that can convert itself between 3/4 season and open, but I'd be worried about the amount of bugs getting trapped inside then (lol?).

I'm thinking on warmer nights, I could "exit" the 3/4 season "room" and sit under the stars (with just one side of this semi circle):
A projector box is not a bad idea and I'm sure you'll do it right based on your results so far. I'm not sure that I would leave the projector out during our winter months though. How ever you do it, I would suggest using a Chief Mount that has a custom bracket. The bracket mounts to the projector and then the projector/bracket assembly attaches to the mount with 4-6 thumb screws. It makes it more or less a quick mount/dismount if you want to take it down and the pitch, roll, yaw settings for the projector stay intact.

And then there is always the retractable roof option!

Sounds like you're having fun! Are you watching any movies?

post #84 of 86 Old 10-04-2017, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post
Yes, that's going to happen if you leave the screen up. The black backside of the screen is going to absorb the sunlight/heat and you will get some stretching as the bungees are applying constant tension. The only way around that is to dismount the screen.

A projector box is not a bad idea and I'm sure you'll do it right based on your results so far. I'm not sure that I would leave the projector out during our winter months though. How ever you do it, I would suggest using a Chief Mount that has a custom bracket. The bracket mounts to the projector and then the projector/bracket assembly attaches to the mount with 4-6 thumb screws. It makes it more or less a quick mount/dismount if you want to take it down and the pitch, roll, yaw settings for the projector stay intact.

And then there is always the retractable roof option!

Sounds like you're having fun! Are you watching any movies?

https://youtu.be/DGIlvkTLrjs
Watching movies? Ain't nobody got time for that! Lol.

I think that retractable roof's R-rating for insulation is probably like paper, and would probably collapse under snow load, lol.

Given we live in a colder climate, I'm trying to figure out how to use this area more year round, and perhaps still be convertible to an "outdoor" seating area when the temperature is right (which is not as often as when it's wrong, lol).

Yep, I've used Chief before, I actually have an RPA-U on NTP hanging in the basement, with my Sim2 and UH480 lens on the attachment plate just waiting to be hung/thumb screwed on. I'll definitely use similar infrastructure for this outdoor area, and just hang the projector when it's going to be used.

One thing about having an outdoor theater, heated environment, is potentially it could see a lot of use - with my parents getting older, I don't like them having to walk up and downstairs when they visit - this one is just walk out into the covered/heated patio for night time viewing.

How Carl's place holds up in the winter we will only see, sun does come in CLE but not often in the winter, and there's quite a bit of snow. If the bungees/screen don't last, it's an OK investment to me to have to replace it every couple years.

I wonder if the screen is permanently stretched now or if it went back to the normal size, lol - I already moved the pipes (not as easy as it should be), so I bet I'll be super stretching it next time I put it up and it'll cause more issues.

My idea is maybe not the projector box, but using Edmund Optics glass in front of the projector lens, with the projector fully "indoors". The room might have picture windows all around to be able to see the projected image, but the projector itself will look through Edmund Optics glass which probably has no insulation rating either, so it will be like a baseball sized hole for cold air to come through probably during the times I'm trying to use the projector. If they make very thick/some R-value worthy edmund optics type non reflective 99.X% transmissive glass, perhaps I could use that.

Projects:

Game room:
post #85 of 86 Old 10-07-2017, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Got a quote on a 16x20ft solarium. It came out way too much for what I'm looking to spend to enclose this outdoor area.

They want 80K, saying glass is expensive. I agreed, but I can't spend more than 15-20K to make a seating area that works in the winter.

Not sure how to proceed yet, now I'm starting to think of pre-built barns and then trying to finish/insulating the inside and put large picture windows in the front. I'm not sure about rot/etc. though, doubt the barns were meant to be "lived" in.

Projects:

Game room:
post #86 of 86 Old 10-07-2017, 07:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Got a quote on a 16x20ft solarium. It came out way too much for what I'm looking to spend to enclose this outdoor area.

They want 80K, saying glass is expensive. I agreed, but I can't spend more than 15-20K to make a seating area that works in the winter.

Not sure how to proceed yet, now I'm starting to think of pre-built barns and then trying to finish/insulating the inside and put large picture windows in the front. I'm not sure about rot/etc. though, doubt the barns were meant to be "lived" in.

How about $499.99?

For $80K, I think you can put in an elevator for your parents.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page