Roll up outdoor screen? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-13-2017, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Roll up outdoor screen?

I'm looking at options for and outdoor theater system for my deck area. I want something pretty simple and easy to use. The deck area is pre-wired for sound along with Cat5 that runs to a central AV system inside the home.

Plan one is to simple get a cheap (semi-disposable) TV from Walmart, mount on the side of the house. The area does have a 4' shingled overhang which would keep things dry except possible in a very high driving wind event. I would also mount the TV as high as possible and cover with a outdoor TV cover. Obviously a pretty basic setup, but fine for my needs.

Plan two would be to install a larger outdoor screen limited to a ~7'x12' area. Obviously more money and a bit more complex. What I don't like is the screen setup and take down. My idea would be to use a roll-up screen, much like roll-up window shades. I would mount this high and tight on my overhang to stay bone dry and simply pull the screen down to watch TV and roll it back up when done. In my limited research I have yet to see anything like this. It wouldn't need to be motorized I'm sure there are screens out there that do this, recommendations?

Thanks

Last edited by missin44; 08-13-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-03-2017, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I had something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manual-Pull-...np_JmIwLPI035w

It works well for an overhang. Just pull down and you are good to go. I also use a 5lb on the bottom to help it from flapping in the wind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page