Need advice - outdoor audio (no video) for patio - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-06-2017, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Need advice - outdoor audio (no video) for patio

As the subject says - I'm setting up a sound system for my patio and need advice.

I plan to install 4-6 speakers around the perimeter of my patio. Should I go with regular 2 way speakers or should I be looking at uni-directional speakers and why? At the moment, all of the action will be in front of the speakers on the patio - there's nothing behind the speakers. Eventually, we'll have a pool behind the speakers but at that point I may install additional speakers anyway.

I have a Denon AVR that I use for whole house audio. I plan to use Zone 2 for patio by running a wireless IR blaster down to my basement so I can control through a basement window that faces the patio. Any problems with this setup?

I assume I need a speaker selector, amp, or both. If I need an amp, should I get a 70Volt amp and why? Recommended AMP models would be appreciated.

The music I play on the patio will be varied - rock, rap, pop, jazz, etc. I want the sound to be good when I turn it up. Should I get a subwoofer, and then, do I need a separate subwoofer amp?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-13-2017, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by boslaw View Post
As the subject says - I'm setting up a sound system for my patio and need advice.

I plan to install 4-6 speakers around the perimeter of my patio. Should I go with regular 2 way speakers or should I be looking at uni-directional speakers and why? At the moment, all of the action will be in front of the speakers on the patio - there's nothing behind the speakers. Eventually, we'll have a pool behind the speakers but at that point I may install additional speakers anyway.

I have a Denon AVR that I use for whole house audio. I plan to use Zone 2 for patio by running a wireless IR blaster down to my basement so I can control through a basement window that faces the patio. Any problems with this setup?

I assume I need a speaker selector, amp, or both. If I need an amp, should I get a 70Volt amp and why? Recommended AMP models would be appreciated.

The music I play on the patio will be varied - rock, rap, pop, jazz, etc. I want the sound to be good when I turn it up. Should I get a subwoofer, and then, do I need a separate subwoofer amp?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page