Taking my Z3 outside - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-17-2007, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sanyo has finally agreed to fix my Z3's overheated LCD panels. Unfortunately I already bought a sony RPTV for my living room so I am thinking I will take this Z3 outside and I have a few questions.

1) How big of an image can I get away with here? The Z3's not exactly a light cannon and there is some ambient light outside from stars and whatnot.

2) How are all you outdoor projector enthusiats dealing with bugs? I am considering mosquito netting but can I just wrap the whole projector in it or will this produce...an enhanced SDE type of look? I live out in the country and the bugs can get pretty gnarly...

3) If I go with a semi-transparent screen and put the projector behind it (in a garage lets say like somebody recommended in another thread) could I just put the speakers behind the screen or would that muffle the sound too much?

4) Any thoughts on weather protection in case I fall asleep and leave the whole thing outside overnight? Is condensation inside the projector ever an issue?

I'm not envisioning a permanent setup. I like the idea of being able to make the whole thing portable. I figure I can build a DVD player, stereo and projector into a wooden carrying setup made from 2X4's and whatnot and I should be able to keep the weight under 50lbs.

I know a lot of this stuff is opinions but that's just what I'm looking for here...opinions from people who have tried it so I can learn from other people's mistakes.
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page