professional power amp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-24-2007, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
concert power amp
I am designing a outside home theater in my backyard, I want to know if its possible to connect a professional or concert level power amp to my denon avr 5805. My outside theater will be 5.1 and I want the fronts and center to be professional level speakers with a 500w power rating.

The denon will act as a decoder still for dolby digital and dts ,but will also power the back speakers. Do you guys know of any power amp that has a 2500-3000w capacity that can connected to the denon's preouts?

the speakers i am thinking of using for my front left and right are these

JBL JRX 125

they are rated at 500w in 8ohms i believe;however, the issue is is there an amp with a total rating of 2500-3000w that can provide enough headroom to drive two of these guys?

I seen professional crown amps with these power compacities but they all have XLR inputs, is there a way you can convert denon's rca preouts into XLR inputs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-28-2007, 05:17 PM

Crown amps are very good for high-power situations, and there exists several types of converters for unbalanced to balanced (RCA to XLR). AudioControl makes one which works exceptionally well.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-01-2007, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
jeeze-peezy! How big is your back yard? I run 1000W total in a HTinB and it's fine outdoors.

Tom

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1014847

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
post #4 of 6 Old 03-30-2007, 11:01 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlogan6797 View Post

I think I've found a moniker..."The Thread Ender"...seems like every time I reply to a thread, it ends

Just to prove you wrong ...

Behringer EP2500. Cheap, powerful and surprisingly clean.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Advanced Member

I second the EP2500 recommendation

Also a EP1500 would work good for the rear channels or bridged for the center channel
post #6 of 6 Old 04-08-2007, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurean23 View Post

concert power amp
I am designing a outside home theater in my backyard, I want to know if its possible to connect a professional or concert level power amp to my denon avr 5805. My outside theater will be 5.1 and I want the fronts and center to be professional level speakers with a 500w power rating.

The denon will act as a decoder still for dolby digital and dts ,but will also power the back speakers. Do you guys know of any power amp that has a 2500-3000w capacity that can connected to the denon's preouts?

the speakers i am thinking of using for my front left and right are these

JBL JRX 125

they are rated at 500w in 8ohms i believe;however, the issue is is there an amp with a total rating of 2500-3000w that can provide enough headroom to drive two of these guys?

I seen professional crown amps with these power compacities but they all have XLR inputs, is there a way you can convert denon's rca preouts into XLR inputs?

You don't need 2000 watts of headroom. If the speakers are rated for 500 watts each, you'll want to match that at least, but you don't have too.

You'll have to fork some serious cash for a 2kw + amplifier, not to mention you'll need a proper electric hookup, as a standard 15 amp circuit will be overloaded if it should happen that you max your amplifier.

Besides that, I doubt you'll ever need that much sound for a movie. Most of the pro speakers are extremely sensitive, and will be MORE than loud with just a few watts of power.
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page