Outdoor Movie "Wii-tre" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-10-2007, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone ever setup shop one night just to do outdoor gaming?

I thought about setting up the Nintendo Wii outside and having an all out(door) competition. Although, not sure the Wii will work w/ a projector - but it should - just have to put the IR sensor up front and below the speaker.

If not, XBOX and PS will definitely be way cool on a gigantic backyard screen.

I guess we'd have to keep the audience to a minimum or I could see some kindergarten aged all out brawls happening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-11-2007, 05:54 AM

Haven't attempted the WII yet, but before and after movies the kids always play a game or two. I've found the PS3 and XBox 360 with wireless controllers work well even when located inside my basement with cables to the PJ. For that same setup to work with my WII you would need to build or buy a Wireless WII Sensor Bar. Instructions on how to accomplish this can be found here if you search, but I modified the design slightly to work with a Radio Shack transformer rather than batteries for my basement setup.

Both systems make good PJ partners with the PS3 having Blueray/DVD and the 360 having media center to play PC files.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member

I just got my Wii hooked up to my Z5 last night. Set to 480p through the component cables, the image is great. Boxing and bowling are a RIOT - and boxing is a surprisingly fun workout, if you can believe it. I can't wait to get this setup outside this summer, with multiple players on some of these games it's going to be a lot of fun! Now I need to get a copy of Super Monkey Ball or whatever it's called...
Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page