Outdoor Pull-Down REAR projection screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-02-2007, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyon!

I am wanting to create a set-up outside with the projector inside using a rear projection screen. There is a balcony by the pool and want to mount it low on the side of the balcony and have a rope where I can pull it down when it needs to be used.

I am wanting around 140-160 inches diagonal 16:9 screen but also need it to have space on the top to make up for the length it needs to come down when pulled. I also need it to be weatherproof when retracted.

What are my options???

THank you!

-Kosta

Edit: I'm thinking I might be able to ceiling mount under the balcony if I can't find a pull down with enough height to compensate. Therefore I wouildn't need much above the screen. I'd still prefer to wall mount as it would be less noticeable.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-03-2007, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

I've been in contact with da-lite and they say this is not really feasible.

They say I should use a more temporary solution as the fabric will not hold up outdoors.

So now I need recommendations on an easy setup that will be a breeze to put up and take down.

Any ideas?
post #3 of 3 Old 05-03-2007, 09:04 AM

I would check out stumpfl, they are not pull downs but make some nice aluminum framed screens. They are a little pricey, but they have some cool solutions for rear projection. A cheaper solution might be calling around to AV rental companies in your area and see if someone has a used dalite fast fold frame they want to get rid of. You might be able to find a used frame and buy new material for it. Takes 5 minutes to attatch the screen to the frame. The 16:9 is going to be a problem though, since most rear screens like this are made for computer projection in professional applications.
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page