Need suggestions for good outdoor speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 08-11-2007, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, my names ryan. my mom is looking for a pair of nice outdoor speakers to attach to our deck. My mom originally bought a set of polk atrium50's (or something like that). i hooked em up and they sounded like total ****. sounded like a band playing at the end of a very long halway. its def not the reciever cause other speakers work fine on it. she returned them and it now looking for new ones. her price range is prolly like 200-400, ,maybe more, i dunno. looking for something that will sound real good and handle the power that our yamaha reciever puts out. needs to be 6 or 8 ohm speakers too. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 11:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Check out the outdoor speaker review thread...

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
post #3 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

thanx for not helping me at all. i just read through that thread and it just consists of people saying "im using xxxx speaker, i like it", what the hell good does that do me.

does anyone whos not trying to up their post count or be a jackass care to help me out with a suggestion here?
post #4 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 02:38 PM

Joerod is not trying to be a jackass. His suggestion is right on the money.

I don't know what kind of suggestion you expect people to post, since they can only definitively comment on speakers that they have owned or used. Thus the "I have xxx, and I like them."

Two other minor suggestions that might help -- the first is to use the search feature of this forum. The second is to use the second key up from the bottom on the left of your keyboard.

"You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong." William J.H. Boetcker
post #5 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bclews View Post

Joerod is not trying to be a jackass. His suggestion is right on the money.

that IS a jackass post. A none jackass post would consist of suggestions of which speaker to choose or perhaps a reference to a guide on choosing speakers. that thread is as useless as me walking into a store and asking the salesman "which is the best speaker?"

Quote:

I don't know what kind of suggestion you expect people to post, since they can only definitively comment on speakers that they have owned or used. Thus the "I have xxx, and I like them."

well the professionals out there have likely used hundreds of speakers and/or work in the field, so they oughta be able to give me a good recommendation. At least this is how it works with car audio...

Quote:

Two other minor suggestions that might help -- the first is to use the search feature of this forum. The second is to use the second key up from the bottom on the left of your keyboard.

this is exactly what im talking about. why would i spend hours searching different key words and sorting through hundreds of threads to tailor to my specific needs when i could just post a thread asking exactly what i want and get helpful responses from educated individuals in the field? last time i checked, this is what forums are basically used for. i dont see why its so difficult for people to just post helpful suggestions. if you dont have any suggestions or cant help, dont post.

youre refering to the SHIFT key? i wasnt aware this was a grammar forum, i thought i posted in an audio forum...
post #6 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 05:18 PM

You are the one coming off as the "Jackass"

Find your own speakers .
post #7 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Ryan View Post

that IS a jackass post. A none jackass post would consist of suggestions of which speaker to choose or perhaps a reference to a guide on choosing speakers. that thread is as useless as me walking into a store and asking the salesman "which is the best speaker?"

well the professionals out there have likely used hundreds of speakers and/or work in the field, so they oughta be able to give me a good recommendation. At least this is how it works with car audio...

this is exactly what im talking about. why would i spend hours searching different key words and sorting through hundreds of threads to tailor to my specific needs when i could just post a thread asking exactly what i want and get helpful responses from educated individuals in the field? last time i checked, this is what forums are basically used for. i dont see why its so difficult for people to just post helpful suggestions. if you dont have any suggestions or cant help, dont post.

youre refering to the SHIFT key? i wasnt aware this was a grammar forum, i thought i posted in an audio forum...

My mommy is looking for speakers boo fu^%%ing hoo, if you weren't such as jerk someone would had given you suggestions. Now go home and play with your Power Ranger toys little boy.

Rob
post #8 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

its ok you can all go back to your circle jerk
post #9 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

figured id find a bunch of circle jerk fags here. i was holding out hope that those people were mainly limited to the car audio forum i frequent, but i guess theyre spread worldwide. good luck trying to keep your weak ass forum open. i bet it'll be shut down within a month with unhelpful @$$holes like you on here. and you act suprised when people actually talk back to your retarded immature posts... ha
post #10 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=Fat Ryan]good luck trying to keep your weak ass forum open. i bet it'll be shut down within a month with unhelpful @$$holes like you on here. /QUOTE]

This forum has been open since the late 90's (or when you were in diapers) this forum is not going anywhere
post #11 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

ah yes another ignorant assumption.

"this new kid has 5 posts, therefore he must be 16 years old and know nothing about audio"

congratulations on your forum being open a few years, but it is sad that its still so small after all that time. guess i was right...
post #12 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 06:18 PM

Fat Ryan , You may not be 16 but you act 7 . And don't drag us into your homosexual fantasies .

post #13 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ah yes another ignorant assumption.

"this new kid has 5 posts, therefore he must be 16 years old and know nothing about audio"

congratulations on your forum being open a few years, but it is sad that its still so small after all that time. guess i was right...

Go away little troll boy, let the adults talk you go to the kiddie table.

Rob
post #14 of 16 Old 08-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

FatRyan - I suggest you appologize wo the members of these forums and the Admins/Mods. You have been reported to them as being an abusive user, and they do not take lightly to that.

You asked a question, you were told to read thread xxx, when the EXACT answer you were looking for given to you on a silver platter you took it upon yourself to start threatening, and abusing those members that were trying to help you and the AVS Community.

If you choose not to....too bad.

I'M FORMAT NEUTRAL
13 HD and no more
10 BR
300+ SD
post #15 of 16 Old 08-13-2007, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

figured id find a bunch of circle jerk fags here. i was holding out hope that those people were mainly limited to the car audio forum i frequent, but i guess theyre spread worldwide. good luck trying to keep your weak ass forum open. i bet it'll be shut down within a month with unhelpful @$$holes like you on here. and you act suprised when people actually talk back to your retarded immature posts... ha

This part is what I find amusing. Incredibly, I have found most, if not all, people on these boards to be extremely helpful and friendly. Based on how you have acted in this forum, it really doesn't surprise me that you found people in the car audio forum jerks as well. But I am sure it has nothing to do with you...

Registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Attorney
post #16 of 16 Old 08-13-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:

Hi, I'm Fat. My mom is looking for a pair of nice outdoor speakers to attach to our deck.

I had a chance to listen to every brand of outdoor speakers that Best Buy sells. The best sounding ones by far were the Yamaha 6.5" ones. They have good range by themselves, but I like more bass so I put a powered subwoofer out with them when I'm throwing a party. They come in black or white, but I'm sure they could be painted another color. Aluminum cases, banana plug terminals, free standing with included base or wall mountable. Hope that helps, Fat.
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page