Just Do It - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-15-2007, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We had our first out door movie night under the stars and it was a great event. Many said the best party ever and when is the next one. You have got to do one.

They are still a new idea and many people are amazed at how big the screen is.

I did a canvas tarp that was 14 wide on PVC pipe and use the office projector a optima 1680? Leaned the screen against the house on 4 foot legs and it worked great tied to gutter. Draped a black cloth along bottom to hide speakers and amps.

We rented a popcorn machine cart that promptly blew a fuse. Bad wire so we did it the old fashion way.

I use some old receivers for sound and being outside with no echo it was fantastic.

We showed Illusions an indy film shot in Napa valley, a great movie with kirk douglas. It would be a hit if the director/producer had money to distribute it.

Tell them to bring a blanket in case it gets cold and a low chair.

have a big group. we did 35 and it created a movie theater feel with crowd excitement. i suggest 50 or more.

Dan
Mits 55857
Nak AV-10
Comcrap DVR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-15-2007, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Outdoor theaters are great. And since you're in napa, I'm betting the evenings are lot warmer than here in the Hayward hills

Have fun

Victor

Free cake! Free cake!
- Mordecai and Rigby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Think small, project big!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-12-2007, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Pictures please

Current Projects:

ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #4 of 6 Old 09-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I second the title sentiment. I just did my first outdoor theater last week at a friends house. I was worried about the quality of the whole thing. Old stereo receiver, small speakers, no sub, older projector, loose screen billowing in the breeze. Once the movie started though, it all faded away. Everyone loved it, including me! Just do it!

Rob
post #5 of 6 Old 09-13-2007, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I concur.

2 weeks ago I had my first outdoor movie night (as well as my first FP experience) and it was great. I had a business projector (pretty decent) and my speakers/reciever using my laptop as the DVD player, it was great.

In fact, I am having my second one this saturday...but it sure is going to be chilly. We are flirting with low 50's by the time the movie start.

Doug
Where there's a beer, there's a way.

post #6 of 6 Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 AM

Liked: 10
Movies with bigger gang...bunch of friends are always a fun, bigger it is - better it feels. I also had this fun in my study days. So many memories to cherish !! Have fun.
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page