HDFury 2 making me furious - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 12-12-2008, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the HDFury2, and the audio is driving me nuts.
It cuts out!

Not getting much info from the vendor...

Ideas?

Scott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-12-2008, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I know HDFury2 handles audio but why use it?, I would think video would be the main area of concern here, if you need the audio get a monoprice HDMI 1.3 splitter for 35$ and send the HDMI audio to whatever and video to the fury

-Gary
post #3 of 13 Old 12-12-2008, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

You are right Gary, but to use my Xbox, I had to purchase a "microsoft" HDMI cable for $60 bucks because the HDMI would not fit in when the other plug (with toslink out) was also plugged in.

all in all the HDFury seems to work fine except for bleed over on DVD played on the XBox, but It may be the XBox too...
post #4 of 13 Old 12-14-2008, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 63
post #5 of 13 Old 12-14-2008, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks Ted, done!

also I returned the Xbox audio only and split the plastic cover from the original Xbox cable to allow it to fit with the HDMI below.

So now all is good (except that I have a version 1 or 2 HDFury2).
post #6 of 13 Old 12-15-2008, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

BTW, the HDFury now cuts out video as well as audio. This only happens after running for about 2 hours...I expect my replacement will arrive just in time for Christmas.
post #7 of 13 Old 10-03-2009, 03:32 PM

I have a Mit 55", I am using a Tivo Series 3. When I set the Tivo to 1080i fixed my HdFury 2 works amazing, but it will not work with my Xbox nor my DVD player. Any ideas? I got a new Amp (Denon 2310) with the intention of running everything through it and then to the TV. The Tivo worked, none of the others did. I tried to run both to the TV using the HdFury2 but they didn't show a picture. Help!
post #8 of 13 Old 10-05-2009, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstrickland View Post

I have a Mit 55", I am using a Tivo Series 3. When I set the Tivo to 1080i fixed my HdFury 2 works amazing, but it will not work with my Xbox nor my DVD player. Any ideas? I got a new Amp (Denon 2310) with the intention of running everything through it and then to the TV. The Tivo worked, none of the others did. I tried to run both to the TV using the HdFury2 but they didn't show a picture. Help!

This is for fp and not rptv. Anyways, you said you have Mitsubishi 55". Can you check if you have DVI input at the back? It's because I have a WS48313 and all I use is an HDMI to DVI converter. You don't need hdfury. Make sure your sources output is really 1080i.
post #9 of 13 Old 10-05-2009, 09:29 AM

It sounds like it's an EDID issue. There is a thread on Curt's site about flashing your fury2 with powerstrip. Then again, since I have replaced my fury2 with the latest model, I have had absolutely no issues with anything that I have thrown at it. Take a look at getting it replaced.

Lexx

Wishing he had a Marquee
post #10 of 13 Old 10-11-2009, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

As mentioned above....

...You should abandon the idea that the sound capabilities of the fury are anything more than an add on marketing type bonus that is not meant to be used in a proper setup!

Most folks will use a switcher for that...or connect it straight to their receivers if it has that capability!

The switchers are cheap and quite capable of doing this in a "sane" fashion without requiring you to pull out your hair every time you fire up your system to watch or play something!

Martin
post #11 of 13 Old 10-21-2009, 12:18 PM
kal
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Are any of you with audio problems trying to use the HDfury2 to pass multi-channel audio? That's not supported (or needed). From the HDFury2 FAQ:

Quote:
Do I need to use the sound output on the HDfury2?
No. The audio output of the HDfury2 is only meant as a convenience feature if you do not have a home theater receiver or preamp with separate speakers. The HDFury2 does not support 5.1 or 7.1 sound, only stereo (2 channels). If all you have are the speakers in your TV you can use the 2-channel audio output of the HDfury2 as a covenient way to feed audio directly into your TV without having to run separate (possibly long) audio cables from the source to your TV as in many setups the HDfury2 will be plugged right into the TV. This way you only need to run one HDMI cable to the TV and then use a short audio cable from the HDfury2 to the TV sound input. Anyone with a home theater receiver/pre-amp and separate speakers should instead connect their source devices directly to the receiver/pre-amp and not use the HDfury2 sound output. In other words, there is no need to use the audio features of the HDfury2 with a home theater setup.

How do I hook up the audio from the HDfury2?
The HDFury2 has both analog and digital (TOSLINK) audio output. It's a 2-in-1 connector meaning that you can plug in either a 3.5mm stereo analog jack or a digital mini-TOLINK (3.5mm mini-jack) cable and get stereo sound out of the HDfury2. See further below for pictures of both types of connectors/cables.

The audio output of the HDfury2 gets all distorted after a while. What's wrong?
The HDfury2 only supports 2 channel audio up to 192Khz sampling rate per channel. It does not support 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. Only stereo. You've got the sound output set to multi-channel (more than 2) on your source device. While passing more channels may seem to work the sound will get distorted after a while. For multi-channel home theater setups connect your source devices directly to your receiver or pre-amp (see previous question).

Kal

Editor:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Founder:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

post #12 of 13 Old 03-14-2013, 08:46 AM

I can't get mine working at all
My LCd display only has resolutions of
640 x 480
600 x 800
1024 x 756 I think
1280 x 1024 I think
I tried my toshiba regza in the living room with ps3 and nada

My resolutions must be way to low for hdfury2 to work

BTW I don't have a HDCP chip on my lcd panel

Sorry I didn't know we're to post this can anyone help
post #13 of 13 Old 03-14-2013, 06:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If you are not using the power supply for hte Fury, you won' t get anything.You need the power supply.

ALso, the Fury2 is now 5ish years old, so it's possible that it's bad. Why not go to the HDFury forum on their site? You'll most likely get assistance there.

- CRT tech info

-pro audio website
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page