Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-02-2010, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

First of all, sorry for my poor english, i hope you'll understand my post

i'm unable to make red on green convergence on left side of the picture. No problem with blue on green. The problem appears when connecting my BD-85 with one of the HDFury prototypes (on DB9 RGB) with a 1080i60 picture (same problem with 1080i50 but less visible). (raster shift at 25)

If i connect my scaler (cinemateq) + DVD player with the coax RGBS, i've not that problem (raster shift at 75).

In both case (bluray or DVD+scaler at same resolution) the BG808 detects 28,1 Khz / 50 Hz.

The left side of the picture looks distorted like you can see on the third picture (the 2 circles are oval). The global distortion of the picture is due to the position of the camera.

If i align the leftmost 2 verticals, the 2 just at their right don't align anymore

One more info, i've a strange behavior with the left blanking. It stars to appear at 35 but not at the border of the picture but 3"-4" in the picture. It look like : 3"-4" of picture then blanking then the rest of the picture..

I hope you could help me.

Best regards

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-02-2010, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

I have had that exact same problem on my Barco Data 808s and Barco 1209s. Just red on green and just in the location you describe. There is no perfect solution. On my Data 808s the problem was worse and it appearred that the red vertical lines were skewed relative to the horizontal. In other words they didn't meet at a 90 degree angle. I got the problem a lot better by rotating the yoke a bit to make the vertical lines closer to perfectly vertical. I didn't have to go to that extreme on the Barco 1209s but on both projectors I did a lot of convergence tweaking and compromises to get it good but NOT pefect. I don't think there is a perfect solution for this, you should be able to get it acceptable though.

Edit: You can also use porch settings to move the active image away from this area as well. Problem is with that, that you eat up bandwidth which is already very limited at 1080p.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 AM

I had the most left side issues when I had the raster edge and image edge close together. Someone told me to push the raster width off the tube face to increase the distance between the raster edge and left image edge. This improved convergence drastically. The projector needs more time for the left edge to stabilize. I still have slight blue issues on the left edge, but no red issues. Just make sure you don't overshoot your image off the tube face, which can damage the tube.

Some day I'll do a complete setup again and hope to get it looking a little better.
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page