Barco Graphics 808 - will HDFury 2 work well? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-21-2010, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have read about left shift problems with some of the HDFury's, but would the HDFury 2 units that are sold now work well with my BG808 (non S but with S RGB amps and HD-144 lenses)? I'm sure the version 3 will be better, but I don't need audio stripping, and I probably don't need all the other fancy stuff that's in it. Would the 2 version work with my projector? Of course, if the cheaper, first version works as well, I would go for that, but I don't want to end up with something that doesn't work well.

And where should I buy it? I looked at the Curt Palme website, but I couldn't find it there. I have found it for $179 at the hdfury.com website. Is that also Curt Palme?

i7@ 3.6 - ATI 3870HD - Windows 7 64 bit - FFDShow with dScaler sharpen, AVISynth and Lancoz resize to BG808 with HD-144 lenses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-21-2010, 08:17 PM
FSE

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Try Monoprice or Sewell Direct, they still have the original Fury, (and/or the Fury 2 at Sewell), for less.

I also have a Barco 808s and have been using the original HDFury 1 for sometime with great success. As you know you can just adjust the shift.

I am about to get the HDFury 2 to try on the Barco. My new Onkyo prepro doesn't like the old one and won't handshake so I decided to upgrade.

Music, Movies, Microcode, and High Speed Pizza Delivery
post #3 of 7 Old 12-22-2010, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for that tip! Sewell had a much better price on that. With 139 for the HDFury2 I'll go for that instaead of the first one without even hesitating.

Edit: Monoprice was even better, 120 for the version 2. But Sewell has free shipping, and Monoprice didn't have it in stock. Sewell didn't have the Barco port 3 cable, though. Annoying... I really don't feel like loosing any quality on a long analogue cable if I'm going to buy this thing.

i7@ 3.6 - ATI 3870HD - Windows 7 64 bit - FFDShow with dScaler sharpen, AVISynth and Lancoz resize to BG808 with HD-144 lenses
post #4 of 7 Old 12-24-2010, 10:37 AM
FSE

I got my Fury 2 from Sewell because they had it. Would have bought the Fury 3 if Monoprice or Sewell had it in stock.

BTW The Fury 2 is working well with the Onkyo and the Barco.

Music, Movies, Microcode, and High Speed Pizza Delivery
post #5 of 7 Old 12-25-2010, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks! Gonna get one after Christmas, I think.

post #6 of 7 Old 12-30-2010, 11:40 AM

Liked: 11
My Barco 808 Graphics CRT Projector using the Hd Fury III and Gamma X looks fantastic. Using a high quality 25' PSI cable from Oppo BDP-SE Blueray player to Gamma X to Hd Fury III to Barco 808 Graphics CRT projector. One has to pay a lot for digital projectors to get this kind of quality, not to mention changing bulbs every 500 to 1000 hours. I have had this projector for 6 years and the picture is still awesome.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-01-2011, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks! I think I'll order the HDFury 2 (quite a lot cheaper than 1...) and the Gamma X. That may be an interesting upgrade.

Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page