G90 Setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-19-2011, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Can anyone tell me how much play a G90 has for set up. I am looking at a situation where the projector may need to be about 12 inches higher than the top of my screen (16x9 120 inch). Can the G90 correct for this? what is the max correction?

Jim Parys is Living the dream...
La Sirena III Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, but... There's an enormous range of setup flexibility, but each of those come at some cost (typically, the farther from optimum you get, the less of the phosphor you're able to use, meaning you get a slightly lower life from the tubes and slightly less brightness). 12" wouldn't concern me very much.

I'll also say that, setting one of these up to produce an acceptable picture is reasonably easy, but setting one up for a great picture isn't easy for a first-timer. I'd try to get someone with a little experience on the G70 or G90 to help, even if they're just an amateur like many of us on AVS. The problem with not doing that is that you may set it up to throw a pic, but not using enough tube, and then when you decide to try to fix it, you've worn the tube such that you can't really improve it later. Not trying to scare you, but it's worth either a ton of reading or trying to get someone with more experience to help out.
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page