Ampro to Go - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-29-2011, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alas my HD4600 has once again been possessed by Spellman, The Prince of Darkness. He has again cast his dreaded spell of the HVPS Shutdown. Previously, with the help of fellow AVS CRT forum members, (thanks again Curt, hope all is well), we have exorcized this demon. Unfortunately at this point in my life, I no longer have the time, money, room or patience to wage this good fight. Are there AVS CRT / Ampro folks in the NYC Metro area that would like this beast? On the floor, up 6 or 7 steps and out the garage. Under 2,000 hours as I remember with remotes, manuals, a spare good LVPS and a spare, blown HVPS. Older DVDO 480P thrown in. I changed the glycol and think I knocked the astig out on the red & blue but never got back to it. The price range is from nothing to a six pack. Two strong backs would be good. Sooner beats later.

Do I prefer the picture on the Ampro compared to my Mits HC6800? On a good day, (proper set-up, no issues), yes. Would I keep going if I could? Yes. Frustrations aside, I have enjoyed the Ampro very much.

I would also like to say how much I have enjoyed being a member here and thank all the great people I have met for their tips, help and information. I have learned a ton about projection and now know something about resolution, set-up, color balance, grey scale and a million other things. I now have some idea what a great picture should look like. Along the way I got chance to meet Ken Whitcome and watch him to do a tune up on my bosses' Runco. AVS is still my go to place for info on most anything AV.

Let me know.
Thanks,
Don

spyboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-29-2011, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
sent you a pm
check it out
post #3 of 4 Old 07-01-2011, 07:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If jjoboh doesn't work out, I'd throw a few $$ your way for the unit....all depending on the tube condition.

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
post #4 of 4 Old 07-05-2011, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I guess it's a sign of the times that the forum is so quiet these days. If no one is interested it will go off to Curt to be put to good use helping others out as he has done for me several times.

Best,
Don

spyboy
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page