BarcoReality 909 (3 of them) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 02-24-2012, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone shed some light on what a working barcoreality 909 is worth in today's market. I'm buying 3 of them today and only need one!

I understand that tube life and total hours used are big factors, but just give me a price range please!!! From what I know the tubes are good and the hours are low, but I'll have more information when I pick them up in a couple of days...

Thanks for any help!!

Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 02-24-2012, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1680 View Post

Can anyone shed some light on what a working barcoreality 909 is worth in today's market. I'm buying 3 of them today and only need one!

I understand that tube life and total hours used are big factors, but just give me a price range please!!! From what I know the tubes are good and the hours are low, but I'll have more information when I pick them up in a couple of days...

Thanks for any help!!

Patrick

Hi Patrick. Use your buying price divide by 3 and you got the price for 1 909.
post #3 of 20 Old 02-24-2012, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

HAHAHA Marcus! You're funny! - I'm not looking to rip someone off on these... Just looking to possible get mine for free or for as cheap as possible AND make sure I'm not overpaying... I'm going to sell two of them and keep one...

I've got a great deal on these and I'm willing to share the savings, but why would I do all the work of picking them up, taking the risk that I can't sell them, and packaging them for sale to not earn something? You're reply seems strange, I just asked if someone could please give me a current market value range on what they might be worth... I'll discount the two I sell according to what I paid and what they're worth....

Patrick
post #4 of 20 Old 02-24-2012, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

HAHAHA Marcus! You're funny! - I'm not looking to rip someone off on these... Just looking to possible get mine for free or for as cheap as possible AND make sure I'm not overpaying... I'm going to sell two of them and keep one...

I've got a great deal on these and I'm willing to share the savings, but why would I do all the work of picking them up, taking the risk that I can't sell them, and packaging them for sale to not earn something? You're reply seems strange, I just asked if someone could please give me a current market value range on what they might be worth... I'll discount the two I sell according to what I paid and what they're worth....

Patrick

Condition of the tubes along with total hours used will be the biggest factor. The lower the hours, and the less wear on the tubes, the more they are worth.

Dont worry though, I'm sure you have gotten a bunch of PM's by now
post #5 of 20 Old 02-24-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Overclkr is right. This is the best 9' CRT so you sure can get a good price and probably get yourself a free 909, if the hour is low and no wear on tube.

I have been looking for a good 9' so if the conditions is good and no tube wear I will probably get from you.

Cheers
Marcus
post #6 of 20 Old 02-24-2012, 10:42 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Gan View Post

This is the best 9' CRT

Not sure I agree with that statement. A Cine 9 maybe, but not a 909. The 909 is a very noisy projector. It also doesn't have color filtered C-elements. Reds will probably be a little on the orange side. Can be fixed though
post #7 of 20 Old 02-24-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis View Post

Not sure I agree with that statement. A Cine 9 maybe, but not a 909. The 909 is a very noisy projector. It also doesn't have color filtered C-elements. Reds will probably be a little on the orange side. Can be fixed though

Hi Lewis,

Oh I see, I thought both are the same but name differently in different country.

That why I like this forum, I can learn so much from here.

Thanks
Marcus
post #8 of 20 Old 02-25-2012, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

pb1680 those projectors are not actually hard to find. Sadly they are on the wrong coast for me but I suspect if you have not bought them yet somebody already has. If you really want them I would not dilly dally as I know the few CRT resellers out there monitor where those are being advertised and are probably hot on your heels. Good luck.
post #9 of 20 Old 02-26-2012, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Can anyone shed some light on what a working barcoreality 909 is worth in today's market. Patrick

maybe $800. with worn out tubes up to $1800. with good tubes. sold as-is no warranty

Marquee HD mod's Marquee Upgrade/re-build package
post #10 of 20 Old 02-26-2012, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! I pick them up tomorrow... So I'll let you know what kind of shape they're in...

Patrick
post #11 of 20 Old 02-26-2012, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by draganm View Post

maybe $800. with worn out tubes up to $1800. with good tubes. sold as-is no warranty

I said $1000 in the other thread he started over in the "found deals" section. So I guess great minds think alike (or fools never differ) . What I find funny is that three 909s have been advertised for the better part of two days now fairly cheap (if in decent shape) and they still haven't really sold. It really shows where the CRT market is these days.
post #12 of 20 Old 02-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

saw that deal also. Let me know if you want to part with one. I will give you double the sellers asking price . Gave up my G90 a few months ago, but that deal might make me go back to CRT. I am in San Diego, so let me know.

Jim Parys

is Living the dream...

La Sirena III Theater

JVC DILA-RS95

Panamorph UH-480/ATH1 Anamorphic Lens

Stewart Ultramat 200, 120", 2.0 Gain, 16x9 Aspec Screen (Motorized)

SI Black Diamond Zero Edge G2, 144", 1.4 Gain, 2:35 Aspec)

Yamaha...

post #13 of 20 Old 02-26-2012, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Parys View Post

saw that deal also. Let me know if you want to part with one. I will give you double the sellers asking price . Gave up my G90 a few months ago, but that deal might make me go back to CRT. I am in San Diego, so let me know.

I am curious why you'd sell a G90 and then purchase 909 at best it is a lateral move and given the fact that the Reality 909 is not color filtered in most instances probably a step back?
post #14 of 20 Old 02-26-2012, 07:13 PM

I'd only give up my G90 for a Cine 9 and probably wouldn't do that, now that I've installed Mike Parker's videopath mods.
post #15 of 20 Old 02-27-2012, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
If its the seos ones that some one bought last year they maye have issues, they were from a similar lot that the 4 that Eric got. only two worked and one soon after started acting up. But for someone who knows CRT's it can be trouble shot easily. Not sure if these are the same ones but I bet they are, and if so the tubes will have weird geometric shapes on them for the dome installation they came from.

Athanasios
post #16 of 20 Old 02-28-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by draganm View Post

If one could get a 909 for $800, then why would they buy your mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

If its the seos ones that some one bought last year they maye have issues, they were from a similar lot that the 4 that Eric got. only two worked and one soon after started acting up. But for someone who knows CRT's it can be trouble shot easily. Not sure if these are the same ones but I bet they are, and if so the tubes will have weird geometric shapes on them for the dome installation they came from.

Athanasios

While I did have issues initially, I got three of them working. One came with a bad board that was identified and another had a bad board that I identified. Three of them had a large and light windshield wiper wear. A 16x9 or 2.35 will easily fit in the wear area.

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

post #17 of 20 Old 02-29-2012, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis View Post

I'd only give up my G90 for a Cine 9 and probably wouldn't do that, now that I've installed Mike Parker's videopath mods.

Unless there is a significant difference in the fan noise I don't know why anybody would switch in either direction between a G90 and a 909. Whichever one is better, it cannot be that much better that it is worth the hassle of swapping a mounted projector but maybe I am getting lazy in my middle age .

Honestly I think I'd be hard pressed to even swap my Runco 1209s clone of a Cine9 or G90 these days. And yes I have seen a 909 in action and it was nice but I am just not sure on video material with my eyesight I'd notice that much difference. Though if I got one I might change my mind.

I am curious is OP ever got these projectors. He has been awfully quiet and the ad is still up but I know somebody who emailed the seller several times and go no response.
post #18 of 20 Old 03-01-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:

Where are you from?

Domenico
post #19 of 20 Old 03-01-2012, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decibel62 View Post

Where are you from?

Based on where the ad was posted he is probably in Southern California in the greater LA area.
post #20 of 20 Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Patrick, you picked them up already?

9 inch CRT
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page