G70 Error Code need help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-28-2012, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi Experts,

Please advise what's shall I do with following error code.

23, 30 & 36.

I have problem focusing the green tube. When switch to MG focus the 1st seletion should be focus all but when I adjust it change the shape of the flare. Red and Blue no problem.

Once I put in a 1080i signal it shut down and show error code 23.

Cheers
Marcus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-01-2012, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Hi,

Can anybody help?

Thanks
Marcus
post #3 of 6 Old 04-02-2012, 02:38 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
one of your 3 power boards or convergence board is malfunctioning and therefore sending wrong voltage. Unless you have another spare unit you can try to swop the parts but if its the PA power board you can't simply swap a pa power board from another G70 as it could damage it further. Advice is to send convergent and all power board to curtpalme for troubleshooting. But since you are located in singapore, it's more economical to just get another 2nd hand unit rather than trying to repair it. You bought it recently?
post #4 of 6 Old 04-02-2012, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Tan,

Thanks, not my set. My G70 is working fine. Helping a friend, yes he just bought it not long ago. If I swop my boards for testing will it damage my board too.

BTW I'm looking for 9" CRT and Curt and Craig has quoted me a G90 and I would like to see your Barco in action before I import either G90 or Cine 9.

Please let me know if it is convenience. I have send a a PM.

Thanks
Marcus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwn1 View Post

one of your 3 power boards or convergence board is malfunctioning and therefore sending wrong voltage. Unless you have another spare unit you can try to swop the parts but if its the PA power board you can't simply swap a pa power board from another G70 as it could damage it further. Advice is to send convergent and all power board to curtpalme for troubleshooting. But since you are located in singapore, it's more economical to just get another 2nd hand unit rather than trying to repair it. You bought it recently?

post #5 of 6 Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
you better dont swap your part unless you want to risk damage to your own parts. Sony is the only CRT whereby you don't just swop PA board etc, the power board needs to be calibrated to the set by technician. Yes, i think the guy you mention stays in tampines. I went to look at the set and it's not advisable to troubleshoot, i suggest to him to either send the board to curtpalme or get another 2nd hand unit.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-02-2012, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwn1 View Post

you better dont swap your part unless you want to risk damage to your own parts. Sony is the only CRT whereby you don't just swop PA board etc, the power board needs to be calibrated to the set by technician. Yes, i think the guy you mention stays in tampines. I went to look at the set and it's not advisable to troubleshoot, i suggest to him to either send the board to curtpalme or get another 2nd hand unit.

Hi,

Correct he stay in Tampines, Thanks, will let him know.
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page