Don't know what to do with my Barco Graphics 808 w/HDMI - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-10-2012, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hello, I have a completely working low tube hours Barco Graphics 808 with the Greg Eisemann mods including an HDMI port that I added to the back of the projector (no cable hanging out). I also have a Lumagen Vision HDP scaler that I used to convert any signal to the ideal settings (1920x818x60p) for the projector with my Carada Criterion 136" BW 2.35:1 screen. When I moved to San Diego, I bought a new projector and built my own screen with Stewart material and have kept all of the above mentioned stuff in storage in the garage.

Should I try to sell any or all of this stuff? Is it better to part out the projector or sell the whole thing? The Carada screen is probably worth quite a bit since it is like new, but I am not sure about the rest of it.

Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2012, 08:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
No way you can use it? Anything other than a 9" set is pretty much worthless, and the value of 9" have dropped like crazy as well. USing it is the best move.

If the tubes on the 808 are truly pristine (everyone always claims that, but tubes do show a hint of wear very quickly, so you'd need to pull the lenses to check), then you might get $200-500 for it.

Lumagen- 200-250.

The screen is of value if someone is specifically looking for your screen size, but there's piles of NOS screens on eBay left over from installations which has brought most screen sizes down under dealer cost. I haven't sold a Draper in about 3 years.

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
Old 05-11-2012, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thanks for the feedback Curt. There is definitely no way I can use it. There may be some 2.35:1 wear on the tubes from usage, but it doesn't show up when projecting. I was thinking I could possibly sell everything as a package so it wouldn't matter that much about the possible minimal 2.35:1 wear, but it sounds like wishful thinking.

I guess I will try to sell it as a package and try to get at least the worth of the screen and Lumagen out of the deal and maybe a little for the projector. If I can't get rid of the projector, I guess I will take it to Good Will who should take it off my hands for free (nice perk about California).

Thanks again!
Mike
Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
If you do scrap the set, there's a couple of parts that are worth a couple of $$ to me. PM me if you go that route. Ditto with the scaler.

Cheers!

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
Old 05-12-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorr View Post

I guess I will try to sell it as a package and try to get at least the worth of the screen and Lumagen out of the deal and maybe a little for the projector.
Mike

videogon.com is a free listing site and a good place for CRT's. The only thing you have working against you is location, California seems ot be glutted with CRT's, a lot of them being given away. The HDMI port is a big plus though.
Sell the scaler separately, always people looking for those and they sell quickly on Curt's web-site for sale section (no pj sales though, just parts and accessory's)

Marquee HD mod's Marquee Upgrade/re-build package