support for multiple projectors - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-04-2012, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

For an art project as part of an arts festival with a deadline coming up in 2 months, I need to do a night projection (animated graphics and static text but no hi def video) on a wall that is quite large 56 feet width x 20 feet high from a distance of 33 feet.

I am looking for the following please:
- 1 projector solution (which projector would you recommend?)
- 2-3 projector solution with any respective software to control (which projector would you recommend?, what software would you recommend to control 2-3 projectors?, Can i run this from a powerbook or do i need a desktop because of the heat?)
- I read about the Maxtor dual and triple head hardware expansion devices. Do they work well? I see mixed reviews on Amazon.

Thank you very much for your time and support!
Regards,
Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-04-2012, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I would go with commercial digitals for that. That said, I'm not sure that you can come up with a lens/projector combination where a single projector can fill the screen size with the short throw limitation so you're probably looking at two projectors and a blending option.
That comes with a steep learning curve even with a digital. Forget about CRT for this application. There's no way you could learn it in such a short time to be a viable solution for you.

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-05-2012, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you Stefuel!! Your time and help is very much appreciated!
I have a few follow up questions if you don't mind please.

Since this will be used to project motion graphics (but no high rez video) at night:
- I won't need blending and will actually need to show 3 different images hence why i wanted to go with 3 projectors to do it more easily. but i do want to do it all from one computer ideally. do you recommend any software to be able to do this please?
- for a 3 projector solution, how many lumens will be needed for each? is that an important attribute?
Reply CRT Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page