help me remember TV projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-09-2012, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 497
alright, I know there are a lot of experts here. I'm trying to remember a TV we had in the family when I was a kid. It was around the late 80s early 90s. It was a 2 piece TV. The screen was an inflexible hard curved screen, placed a specific distance from the TV. The TV was a heavy huge square cube placed in front of the screen. The TV had 3 large lamps, 1 green, 1 blue, and 1 red that projected and combined on the screen. The cube was covered by wood. On top of the cube was a panel of buttons, covered by a smoky black plastic cover. It had a remote control. The screen was a silvery curved screen. The size must have been at least 80 inches.

I want to say Cambridge something. but I tried to google it and couldn't find any signs of this TV. It was a pretty cool TV for the time and my friends loved playing video games on this thing. We ended up eventually dumping it due to convergence problems, I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-10-2012, 06:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Sure, Kloss Novabeam. THey sold buckets of them. Some are still out there, working to various degrees.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- CRT tech info

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-pro audio website
post #3 of 5 Old 07-10-2012, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme View Post

Sure, Kloss Novabeam. THey sold buckets of them. Some are still out there, working to various degrees.

OMG!!!! thank you! thank you! thank you!!! *bear hug*
post #4 of 5 Old 07-11-2012, 06:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Wow, that's the most excited that I've ever seen anyone get over a Kloss, and I thought I was super excited when I got one in on trade years ago. :P

- CRT tech info

-pro audio website
post #5 of 5 Old 07-11-2012, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

it just drove me crazy I couldn't remember the TV. I think I literally spent 2 hours googling it and didn't find anything. Heck, even knowing the name didn't bring up a lot of hits.
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page