RUNCO DTV-947 What's it Worth? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-03-2012, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had this hanging in my theater and it never got much use.

What do you think it is worth and where is the best place to list for sale?

bewithabob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Seems it is a Barco 7 series so a 7" set. The short answer to your question is not much, in fact you may be better off donating it and taking a tax deduction (assuming you are located in the U.S.). Basically the CRT market except for the 9" sets is dead, done, stick a fork in it. And yes I still have a CRT and love it. If the set is in mint then you might get something for it on CL, or Videogon or Ebay (you can state local pickup only). I'd say you'd be lucky to get $100 for the whole set. You might actually get more by breaking it up but I don't know if even the parts have much value anymore other than the HV quad. If you cannot sell it and don't want to donate it you can check with Curt Palme at www dot curtpalme. dot com as he might give you something for a few of the parts.

If you are not in North America then you might or might not have more luck. I don't really know what the markets are like overseas.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Wow. I should say I am not surprised at the depreciation considering what the new displays are capable of.

It is a shame that I only put 1900 hours on it over the last 10 years… its got a lot of life left in it.

bewithabob
post #4 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 01:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If you're going to junk it, I'd give you $50 for one of the parts in it.

Cheers!

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
post #5 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
even though these machines cos ta small fortune back when they were new their true value over the last 10 years has been that you could get one very cheaply and enjoy it for thousands of hours of high definition video and a beautiful picture.
Unfortunately thousands if if not tens of thousands of people had these hanging and never used them, or used them but had them hooked up with Horrid S-video or composite,projecting on a wall instead of a screen, etc.
IT's a shame really, The CRT projector has been the electronic equivalent of an Engineer working as a cashier at 7-11

Marquee HD mod's Marquee Upgrade/re-build package
post #6 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Curt-
I don't have the expertise to take it apart, so will have to sell it complete. It looks great with 720p source material…

bewithabob
post #7 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by draganm View Post

even though these machines cos ta small fortune back when they were new their true value over the last 10 years has been that you could get one very cheaply and enjoy it for thousands of hours of high definition video and a beautiful picture.
Unfortunately thousands if if not tens of thousands of people had these hanging and never used them, or used them but had them hooked up with Horrid S-video or composite,projecting on a wall instead of a screen, etc.
IT's a shame really, The CRT projector has been the electronic equivalent of an Engineer working as a cashier at 7-11

I agree it's a shame…I had mine calibrated, looking great, in a dedicated smoke-free, air-conditioned theater, with a fixed 92x52 screen. I just decided its time to go 1080p and I picked up a brand new JVC DLA 35u the other day for a price that was too good to pass up.

bewithabob
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page