3 Free Sony CRTs, 2 X 1252, and 1 1272 / none of which are up and running right now - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-31-2012, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been out of the CRT game for several years now and these things just take up way too much space. If anyone wants to pickup everything I have, they can have it all for free. I'm located in Central IL. If I remember correctly, my 1252 tubes were atleast 8/10.... I had one decent running box, the others were used for parts. If I don't hear anything definitive about someone being interested in the next day or 2. I will probably just take them to a recycle place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-01-2012, 07:07 AM

Why can't you be near Toronto. I would gladly give your pjs a good home
post #3 of 6 Old 09-01-2012, 12:03 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by XylerB View Post

I have been out of the CRT game for several years now and these things just take up way too much space. If anyone wants to pickup everything I have, they can have it all for free. I'm located in Central IL. If I remember correctly, my 1252 tubes were atleast 8/10.... I had one decent running box, the others were used for parts. If I don't hear anything definitive about someone being interested in the next day or 2. I will probably just take them to a recycle place.

I have a Sony CRT Big screen its a WS65-500 and I was wondering if these CRT's will work in this TV I dont have any problems with it and its been running hard for the past 10 years and I dont know how long they last but if you have a Red, Green and Blue CRTbulbs that would work in this 65WS500..
post #4 of 6 Old 09-01-2012, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Honestly have no idea, if you can do a little research let me know.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-02-2012, 07:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
No they won't work.

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
post #6 of 6 Old 09-05-2012, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
wow, has it come to this? Over the last 10 years people would post countless times asking if RPTV tubes would fit into their CRT projector, desperate to keep it going without paying the $500. per tube cost for a CRT PJ.
Now it's the other way around, LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigger21 View Post

I have a Sony CRT Big screen its a WS65-500 and I was wondering if these CRT's will work in this TV I dont have any problems with it and its been running hard for the past 10 years and I dont know how long they last but if you have a Red, Green and Blue CRTbulbs that would work in this 65WS500..
find out what tubes you have, model number , etc., then do a search on e-bay and set up the search so that it automatically e-mail you every time a new listing comes up with those numbers. RPTV tubes are almost exclusively Electrostatic focus and they're very short, about 3 to 4 inches shorter than a CRT projector tube. This was done to accommodate the cabinet depth which they tried to make as shallow as possible

Marquee HD mod's Marquee Upgrade/re-build package
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page