CRT love!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-13-2012, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, so I just demo'd a JVC X70 and was so disappointed! I really wanted to be happy with what I saw on screen. I thought the color reproduction looked horrible compared to my old uncalibrated lowly Sony 1252....The image was artificially sharp and the black level was sub par. Blacks were a very dark grey at best. I asked about the setup done on it and he assured me that jvc set it up and did a full isf calibration on it. The eshift function does work, and figured this was the model for me since I really can't stand sde. Motion was more than good enough for me, but the digital image and lack of a 3d like pop from even a lowly CRT wasn't there. I remember viewing an RS25 a few years ago and thought it threw a pretty good image and blacks were quite impressive(couldn't tell it was on, black). I'm pretty sure the screen was a black diamond though so that could have made all the difference. Anyways, is there anyone out there with similar views on these JVC's. I know a lot of CRTers are switching over, but I'm thinking is a bit premature. Let me know your thoughts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-13-2012, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, so I moved last month and left my 1252 in my last place. That's the reason for demo'ing the X70. If I were to make a sizeable jump up in picture quality to the 1252 what would you guys recommend? I'm leaning towards a g70 but wouldn't mind hearing your guys' thoughts. I'm pretty much open to anything. Also, is anyone using a darbee with their crt? I've heard of all the desirable benefits while using it with a digital, but would this benefit a crt just as much? Thanks
post #3 of 5 Old 10-13-2012, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
There is a NEC 1350LC in Massachusets for sale. Id grab that and fast. WHats your location?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432197/nec-xg-135lc-crt-projector

Nashou
post #4 of 5 Old 10-14-2012, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

I'm located in Toronto, Canada. I wonder how much shipping would be!? Can the NEC's resolve 1080p? Not that it's a huge requirement for me, but would be nice.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-14-2012, 12:32 PM

Liked: 11
1080p60 would be a little soft but why run that for movies? 800p72 or 817p72 is best for movies. As Nash would say "why waste bandwidth on black bars?!"
I would buy the NEC XG and a sick video processor and a moome card AND get it calibrated, shoot you'd be saving money and have a sick setup. Nothing touches a XG in skin tones.
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page