Extron Crosspoint w/overhead projector and flat panel TV's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-19-2012, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am running an Extron Crosspoint with flatscreen tv's just perfectly with comcast component in (RGB) and component out (RGB) . Where I am running into an issue is 2 overhead projectors are refusing to play nice. Both are different brands and having the same non connectivity issue. The problem is not with the cable run as I tried a flat panel on both and it works perfectly. Suggestions?

Here is the crosspiont
http://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=crosspointultra1616&subtype=139&s=4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-21-2012, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 74
What's the issue? You're runing component video through an RGBHV switcher?
post #3 of 5 Old 12-21-2012, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmalcom View Post

Where I am running into an issue is 2 overhead projectors are refusing to play nice. Both are different brands and having the same non connectivity issue. The problem is not with the cable run as I tried a flat panel on both and it works perfectly. Suggestions?
Here is the crosspiont
http://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=crosspointultra1616&subtype=139&s=4

If you have tried another device (flat panel) on the output end of the switcher that also included the cables, then your problem seems like the two projectors may not be setup for the component (what you are referring to as RGB) input that's coming from the switcher.

Are you sure you the projectors is not looking for RGBHV (five connection input)?

Also, that Extron Matrix switcher would have buffered outs, so it should do ever well with cables lengths, but that would also depend on the cable length to the projectors - what are your cable lengths to the projectors?

It's all about the performance... Got Marquee!

High Performance Marquee Video chain modifications.  Now available!

post #4 of 5 Old 12-21-2012, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
http://www.curtpalme.com/CRTPrimer_17.shtm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Marquee Upgrade/re-build package
post #5 of 5 Old 12-21-2012, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmalcom View Post

I am running an Extron Crosspoint with flatscreen tv's just perfectly with comcast component in (RGB) and component out (RGB) . Where I am running into an issue is 2 overhead projectors are refusing to play nice. Both are different brands and having the same non connectivity issue. The problem is not with the cable run as I tried a flat panel on both and it works perfectly. Suggestions?
Here is the crosspiont

Like Drags says above. Component is not RGB, its YPbPr. So you need a Component to RGB transcoder in-between the DVD player and the Projectors.

Athanasios

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Love this CRT addiction !!!

Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page