I had to do up another set of neck boards and get the 9500 back up and running, and was also able to try a few things I wish I would have thought about years ago. Had great success in my new changes, but also found out my glycol was going bad. At first I thought something had leaked into the red lens, but that was not the case. After removing that lens I found out where the problem was. The 9500 had brand new tubes in it when I got it a few years ago. The only thing I had to do was to install a red C element. And in doing that I had replaced the glycol in the red tube. Not sure where I got the glycol, but I would like to make sure I'll not be using that same glycol.
So if anyone has any suggestion on a tried and true glycol, let me know.
Now for the changes I've made. They should be very noticeable, even from looking at the screenshots (below). What really jumps off the screen is the overall image sharpness or finer detail. The other thing that's really obvious on the screen and can also be seen in the shots, is the Blacks, or how well dark stuff just shows even in the shots. The hair color and background detail jumps right out to you when looking at the screen. Not sure how well it shows here, but it shows well on the screen, especially the sharpness
In the shots you'll also be able to see the red bloom or glow in some of the shots.
Full 1920X1080P 60/hz - un-calibrated and un-touched shots
was edited to replace with higher resolution shots