Anyone have experience hooking up G70 to U-verse and/or Sony "Roku" box - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have just had U-verse installed (SF Bay Area location) -- it appears to be a Cisco "ISB 7005" + I was given a Sony SMP-NX20 "Netflix box" for Christmas and finally trying to hook that up. My install. right now is a Proceed AVP Preamp and 5 channel Amp. The AVP dates from 2000-2001 an isd definitely substandard video-wise, supporting only Composite and S-Video/Composite out.

Since upgrading from a lousy old DLP to my G70 about 5 years ago I have just driven it direct from an Oppo DVD using DVI. This works great but now I want to move more media into the mix.

I hooked up the Uverse box directly to the G70 using S-video just to see if I could get a signal... I did, but it was not focused/synched properly. Don't want to do that anyway as I suppose I must upgrade to HDMI to get full advantage of 1080p. But until then, I'm hoping to figure out if I can mix the Oppo, Uverse and "netflix" thru the AVP and then convert the output to component , DVI or something that will get me a higher-quality signal and be able to drive the G70 effectively.

Any takers?

Thanks - mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 PM

Liked: 11
I would get a lumagen vision hdp/hdq and an hdury. Run all the video into the lumagen as you have then pass it all out to the hdfury into the PJ. Let your av processor just handle audio.
Or upgrade the AV pre/pro to handle HDMI and get a moome HDMI input board. A gentleman on curts site has a ton of g70 upgrades for sale right now including a HDMI input card.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 PM

Liked: 11
post #4 of 5 Old 02-03-2013, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks! Great and very helpful cuz the AVP handles Audio really well - I have GREAT sound - but the video is the problem. I will look into this.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
the HDMI card from Ray for 200 bucks is a no-brainer. I also have an older AVR system which doesn't switch HDMI video but it doesn't matter. Switching the audio and video separately is just an extra button push. An external HDMI switcher is cheap too although a used Lumagen would offer greater flexibility.

Marquee HD mod's Marquee Upgrade/re-build package
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page