Sony VPH-1040Q - not turning on!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-05-2013, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

I am working on a light show that's happening valentine's day weekend, and when I went in to rehearsal today my projector (which I am using with a camera for some feedback looping) did not turn on!!

This is what happens: when i press the button that actually turns on the projector the guide and power lights go on for a moment, the fans start to turn, and then the whole thing shuts down. all this takes less than a second, the projector makes a "peeyoo" kind of sound along with the lights and fan, which I assume is the lamps starting to turn on?

I have opened up the thing to try to figure out what might be going on, but no use. My best guess is that something is shorting out / a soldering point is coming loose, and that is making the projector safe itself by turning off. Otherwise it could be something with the lamps, but I don't know anything about how they work.

Is anyone able to suggest some troubleshooting, or have any idea what might be going on? If so, I will take another look inside it. I have a little knowledge of electronics, and I know how to solder. I need the projector up and running within the next ten days for the show, and I don't know of any place where I can bring it in (I am also very particular about other people handling it).

Any help would be very much appreciated!! thanks in advance to everyone here at the AVS forum!
Nivan

ps. i am in chicago
pps. the projector is in the 1040 series, but it might be a 1041, 1042 or 1044, i'm not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Better start looking for another projector. By the sounds of it, you're not an electronics technician, and all of the 10XX series sets are impossible to diagnose, as they have no fault indicating LEDs or other means of narrowing down which part is bad. ALso, the internals of every 10XX set is somewhat different. You can't swap parts back and forth for the most part, and I've thrown out all my 10XX parts 2 years ago as there was no interest in them.

Look on Craigslist for a cheapie digital, or maybe you'll luck out and find a CRT. There's almost no one that's able or willing to work on CRTs at this point. Sorry!

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page