Runco DTV-940 ?? Are these decent projectors ?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-26-2013, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys I wanted to ask your opinion on something. I am new to the CRT projector world. I setup plenty of newer LCD and DLP projectors because we have a custom home theater installation company. One of my hobbies hobbies is collecting and watching laserdiscs. I keep hearing how well laserdic look on a CRT projector because they are both analog display items. I have been looking around locally for a CRT projector and trying to find one that is worth messing around with. I don't want to ship one because they are so big and heavy. Long story short there is a gentleman near me that has a Runco DT-940 along with the Faroudia LD200 line doubler. He is asking $400 obo for it. He says it works very well and was recently serviced. My question is is this a decent CRT projector to start playing around with or should I look for something else? Is that a fair price or should I offer less and if so what would be a good starting point to offer. I know it has 7" lenses and will do 720p and 1080i according to Curt. Any help or advice would be wonderful! I would love to find and get a Barco 1209 but my wife would never allow that behemoth in the house lol.

Thanks,
Paul Kepner

http://www.home-theaters-plus.webs.com

Pioneer DVL-919 Laserdisc player
Pioneer VSX-1019-AH A/V Receiver

Sony ss-ts503 5 speaker system

Pinnacle Digital Sub 100 - 10" sub
65" Mitsubishi Diamond Series Projection TV
LG Bluray player
Pioneer Elite DVD Player
NEC PG9+ CRT Projector

Reply CRT Projectors