Searching for retro gaming CRT tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey AVS forum people! I know you guys are the experts when it comes to TV (this is where I got my info to calibrate my Samsung HDTV back in 2008 after all) and I am now looking to buy a CRT television for retro gaming.

I'm looking for one that has an Svideo port, possible component and maybe RGB all that at around 27" or lower. Flat screen or not, not much difference except for lightguns. Is there a TV like that that was ever produced, my initial researches provided nothing sadly except a really rare hospital monitor made by Sony that is like 1000$ on Ebay...

If anyone has info, please share it with me, I really want to make an awesome classic gaming room and for that, the CRT television is a must.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-01-2013, 12:17 AM

Liked: 11
i am sure a craigslist search will yield a plethora of old CRT TVs.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-01-2013, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonsky View Post

i am sure a craigslist search will yield a plethora of old CRT TVs.

Yes but they would not be optimal, probably won't have Svideo or RGB and also I live in a small 3k village :-P.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-01-2013, 02:14 AM

Liked: 11
Ever try searchtempest.com
post #5 of 5 Old 03-02-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Theriault View Post

Hey AVS forum people! I know you guys are the experts when it comes to TV (this is where I got my info to calibrate my Samsung HDTV back in 2008 after all) and I am now looking to buy a CRT television for retro gaming.

I'm looking for one that has an Svideo port, possible component and maybe RGB all that at around 27" or lower. Flat screen or not, not much difference except for lightguns. Is there a TV like that that was ever produced, my initial researches provided nothing sadly except a really rare hospital monitor made by Sony that is like 1000$ on Ebay...

If anyone has info, please share it with me, I really want to make an awesome classic gaming room and for that, the CRT television is a must.

Thanks!

IF you want a really nice monitor this one is 20" amd is a broadcast quality monitor. This was probably over 2k new.

I just bought a JVC 15 inch for my CCTV security and its awesome. This sony would be better and has the inouts you want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200659255430?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Page 162 here has the specs
http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/STARINMANUALS/Sony%20Video/Archive/1999%20Catalog%20-%20PVM%20Monitors.pdf

Athanasios
RonAlam likes this.
Reply CRT Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page