I may have killed my Sony 1252q... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-25-2013, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So in an attempt to quiet my sony 1252q's fans, I think I might have silenced it for ever. After removing all five fans, including the removal of the power supply whilst the projector was mounted on the ceiling, I followed the general consensus of installing a 5.1v Zener diode in line with the red fan wires. I did this for all 5 fans and after reinstalling the fans and power supply the projector will not fire up. It will start for a second, and then shut off and throw a error code 11. I removed the power supply and saw that those fans were not spinning at all when I attempted to start the projector. So I removed the diodes on the ps fans to see if they might be too limiting to start them. That didn't work. Then after some searching I found a comment by chuck Williams, that says there is a fuse on the m2 board (ps251) that can cause the ps fans to not start. I tested the fuse and it seems that it is blown ( multi meter doesn't read any measurement when I test the leads) but I'm not 100% this is the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is really frustrating... I just wanted to silence my fans. frown.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page