Barco port 5 question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-14-2013, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello
Well, I've searched and can't find any info so I'm going to ask. The last two days we've had some really bad storms and tonight I fired up the projector and have no input on port 5. I do still have port 3 but would really not rather drop down that far. Any ideas on what might have gotten smoked? I retubed this projector less than a year ago so I would rather not give up on it just yet. I know it's only a 500 but it's been my baby for quite some time and I'm not ready to put it to sleep quite yet. I've been feeding it with a hacked oppo and ota hd receiver through a Crescendo rgb converter. From what I can tell, it appears that the problem is in port 5 and not any other equipment. Any help is appreciated smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-14-2013, 11:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
The RGB input switch board is bad. Very common after a storm FYI, you cannot use Port 3 on these older 500 and 800 series, as they use a TTL level which your equipment doesn't output.

I've got the boards at $50 plus shipping. PM me if you need one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- CRT tech info

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-pro audio website
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page