faroudja dvs 2500 - vidikron kronos - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-12-2013, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

i know my old vidikron kronos and faroudja dvs 2500 are good for nothing except the garbage but i wanted to try an experiment before i trash them...there is a 15 pin male on the back of the 2500 for hd...i was just curious if there would be any difference in the picture using it...the only problem is it seems the normal 15 pin female hd or vga lines won't fit (too small)...does anyone know of a larger 15 pin female that would fit it?...thanks, bob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-12-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Was this the Vision one that was for sale on Ebay from dansville NY last week?

Athanasios

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Love this CRT addiction !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-12-2013, 10:41 AM

i am no good for your question about the pin adaptor but am new into this field and you have similar equipment. i was not encouraged to know it is only good for garbage.

i savalaged a house with an ampro 4200g and i have complete manual, projector, quadrupler (faroudja vidlkron vp400 hdtv), and remote. this is just way too cool to toss and no video shop here cares. i powered with remote and fans kick in and remote takes orders. however no light beams. i dont even know if that is the test for light beams or does it have to have a specific command. this is vintage 1992 and if anyone is out there still cares, i would like to resurrect if possible. 

post #4 of 5 Old 10-12-2013, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

no, this isn't a vision one...the kronos was the low end vidikron unit at the time selling for about 19k, if you can call that much money low end (the vision one was a lot more expensive)...it's a shame because there are those who still think a crt has a lot to offer

post #5 of 5 Old 10-13-2013, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobm52ny View Post

i know my old vidikron kronos and faroudja dvs 2500 are good for nothing except the garbage but i wanted to try an experiment before i trash them...there is a 15 pin male on the back of the 2500 for hd...i was just curious if there would be any difference in the picture using it...
that depends on how your using it now. If your using the Faroudja to output 1080i HD signal from the processors RGBHV ports into the projectors RGBHV ports then no , the 15 pin connector won't do anything for you.
If your feeding the PJ with svideo or composite video then your way below it's 50Mhz bandwidth.

Marquee Upgrade/re-build package
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page